Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spark SDI blue screen

Spark SDI blue screen

Getting a blue screen from my Spark SDI. It's running the lastest firmware. It was working OK just a few days ago. But today all I get is a blue screen.

I've tried different SDI sources and resolutions (720p60 and 1080i60), different BNC cables. Check the device webpage preview and it shows blue, checked via NDI video monitor and shows blue. I should note I’m connected via Ethernet.

Tried a factory reset. Tried reinstalling latest firmware. Still shows blue.

The lights on the front of the unit say everything is working. Solid red power light. Solid green signal light. And flashing green run light.

I'm at a loss. What's the problem?
    Last edited by bryanharley; 04-09-2018 at 11:42 PM.

This is dumb, but make sure your SDI is plugged into the right port on the Spark. The incidental "SDI" logo on top of the Spark does not line up with the actual SDI input.
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #1
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #2
    Video Nerd

Yep, there’s only two ports - Loop and Input. I’m plugged into Input.

I should also note that I tried plugging an SDI monitor into the Loop output and don't get a signal. But I know my Input signal is good and working.

I've had this issue as well, NewTek has no idea how to fix it. I can see my spark from studio monitor from any computer on my network except my TriCaster. I've done a factory reset on TriCaster and re-installed new firmware/drivers, no luck. I think there is a bug with the Spark....hoping that the new NDI updates will resolve it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfore View Post
    I've had this issue as well, NewTek has no idea how to fix it. I can see my spark from studio monitor from any computer on my network except my TriCaster. I've done a factory reset on TriCaster and re-installed new firmware/drivers, no luck. I think there is a bug with the Spark....hoping that the new NDI updates will resolve it.
    Is your TriCaster set to Private/Home/Work for the type of network and not public?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfore View Post
    I can see my spark from studio monitor from any computer on my network except my TriCaster.
    This doesn't really sound like the same issue, does it? Are you seeing nothing but blue output from your Spark?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by lukerctv View Post
    This is dumb, but make sure your SDI is plugged into the right port on the Spark. The incidental "SDI" logo on top of the Spark does not line up with the actual SDI input.
    Maybe you meant 'correct' for right, but the SDI Input is the left port when looking at the front of the unit.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Never did get it working. NewTek had me send it in. I’m curious why it died.

Good question, initially it seems different. However, after I sent in my spark, got a new one, and factory reset TriCaster, I am now getting the blue screen output on my Spark SDI. TriCaster still cannot see the Spark as well (although it can see other NDI sources).

Can another computer see it using NDI Studio Monitor?

Being that you are getting a blue screen (not a black screen) it would seem to say that the TriCaster IS seeing the Spark, just that the the Spark isn't getting SDI input for some reason.

I'd contact support.

http://new.tk/support
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Hello,

I am currently getting this same issue with my Connect Spark. I'm using it to send the HDMI out of a laryngoscope to the NDI where I then want to access the live video via URL.

I can access the NDI via my desktop browser and from the studio monitor software but there is no video, just the blue screen.

The device is powered, lights are in order (red solid, signal solid, run blinking), HDMI plugged to "IN", and accessible from local network. I plan to test swapping out the HDMI but I've used the current one many times before and am doubtful it is the issue.

Any help?

Sounds like an HDCP issue. What exactly is the source?
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    Video Nerd

Verathon Glidescope. We were previously using a laptop with an encoder to create a streaming server but an NDI was a meager cost increase over the encoder and completely removes the laptop and server application from the equation.

Side question if you have any knowledge on the matter: We use Unity for ease of prototyping and the Lua format that the stream is in doesn't seem to be compatible with the video player functionality in Unity. Can the video be configured to stream in a different format?

It could be an input incompatibility with the Spark too, if the scope puts out an odd resolution/frame rate. Any idea if that's adjustable, or what exactly the video format is?
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    Video Nerd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast