Thread: NC1 IO Windows Update Crashing Problems

NC1 IO Windows Update Crashing Problems

Hi there, lately Newtek Connect on our NC1IO unit has been crashing to desktop every time we select a different input or output in the software with the little gear icon, among other similar issues. Here's the thing about the crash, though - it doesn't ACTUALLY crash, just disappears from view and I have to end task in Task Manager to be able to reopen it. It's pretty consistently reproducible, and also makes working with the unit a nightmare. I think it happened after installing a Windows update (that we were forced to install). Anybody else seeing this? Any ideas on how we can fix it?

Thanks.

Same thing has been happening here. Customer Service shipped me a new unit and asked me to RMA the old one. I suspect a hardware issue with the first revisions?

Still waiting for the replacement unit to arrive, I'll report back if the issue is gone.
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #1
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #2
    Video Nerd

My understanding is that a recent Windows Update has updated the Intel GPU drivers which can cause problems. Until the next software update that will resolve this, you can manually download the older Intel GPU driver and install it.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...Windows-15-60-
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

I caught that little tidbit of info in another thread, and tried installing that older driver. Seemed to install fine, but the problem didn't go away.

Should I be doing anything to my replacement unit to make sure the same thing doesn't happen?
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    Video Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by lukerctv View Post

Should I be doing anything to my replacement unit to make sure the same thing doesn't happen?
    Yes, you can use the following settings to lock down Windows 10 Updates even more than the defaults.
    https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/...ows-10-updates
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Yes, you can use the following settings to lock down Windows 10 Updates even more than the defaults.
    https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/...ows-10-updates
    That article says I should be enabling automatic updates, but the problem described in this thread seems to indicate that's what the issue is.

What do I do with this new NCIO unit before I connect it to the internet?
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    Video Nerd

Your not enabling automatic updates on Windows 10 with this option, because they are enabled already. What you are enabling is more control over the updates.

On my systems I have selected option '2' from the 'Configure automatic updating' drop down (I believe the default is selection 4). This will 'Notify for download and notify for install'. Now I get the option to prevent anything from downloading or installing right at the start. If I get a pop up window telling me that updates are available, just press 'ESC' to clear it and nothing happens.
    Last edited by kanep; 03-29-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by lukerctv View Post
    Same thing has been happening here. Customer Service shipped me a new unit and asked me to RMA the old one. I suspect a hardware issue with the first revisions?

Still waiting for the replacement unit to arrive, I'll report back if the issue is gone.
    Ugh! I'm having the same trouble, my NC1 is a paperweight right now. Installing the older graphic drivers made the crashing happen less, but also made my newtek PTZ camera no longer work with the NC1.

Stuck!!!!

Try this:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....=1#post1544369

I wish the forum wasn't so needlessly fragmented!
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    Video Nerd