Thread: Moderation Policy

Based on the "forum moderation policy" thread/post, the rules against attacking others are now essentially limited to disallowing:

Personal attacks against NewTek customers or employees and their family members
    Apparently personal attacks against anyone or anything that isn't a customer or employee (or their families) are now perfectly acceptable, including competitors employees (and families), competitors' products, and so forth. Pretty much anyone who hasn't given money to or has a fiduciary relationship with Newtek.

The equivalent clause in General Discussion's version of the rules protects even fewer:

Personal attacks against, such as those that target other members, NewTek employees, or their family members

Steve, care to comment? Are those two threads/posts (in the LW Discussion and General Discussion forums) really the entirety of the forum rules now?

If not, where are the rest of the forum rules and policies, and why aren't they mentioned by those threads/posts?
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.5),32GB RAM, NV 1080ti

Tomorrow, when time permits...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I'm in another forum, and there we have only one rule - Wheaton's Law. Works every time.
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i7-5960X OC@4.2GHz | 32Gb | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti + GeForce GTX 970 4Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

OK, here we go. Unbeknownst to me, the Moderation policy is posted in two places: First, in Newtek Forums>General Discussion, but also in the LW Community Forum. I had not noticed the latter, so when we updated recently, primarily for the purpose of clarifying a couple of details for new membership applicants and also the policy on account deletions, only the former was revised.

In the process of this revision, the prohibition on personal attacks inadvertently became slightly garbled (as ought to be clear from its lack of grammatical correctness). Since this had resulted in some confusion, I have edited it to be more clearly inclusive. Once I'm not doing this on my iPad, I'll update the older copy in the LW forum, but for the moment it serves as a useful historical reference. Thanks to John for pointing out the typo, and the potential for misunderstandings.

Note that whether a particular remark is deemed a personal attack or not will remain, as before, a matter for the discretion of moderators, as will any moderation decisions. It is our desire to encourage helpful, cordial dialog, and generally this means abjuring negative personal remarks - regardless of one's view on a given (appropriate) matter.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by kopperdrake View Post
    I'm in another forum, and there we have only one rule - Wheaton's Law. Works every time.
    Chuck wrote most of the forum policy years back, as far as I know, and I'm continually impressed by his well it serves the need.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Let's go with the Golden Rule.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Let's go with the Golden Rule.
    what’s that? it’s cool til someone mentions hitler?

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    what’s that? it’s cool til someone mentions hitler?
    Enjoy your "Secret footage of Hitler in colour" show on history channel.

I have no idea what I meant by that...
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Enjoy your "Secret footage of Hitler in colour" show on history channel.

I have no idea what I meant by that...
    funnily enough i was watching ww2 in colour the other day on netflix and hitter was in it!

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    funnily enough i was watching ww2 in colour the other day on netflix and hitter was in it!
    Ha! Psychic!
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

Ha! Psychic!
    I was today on a walk in this place:
    https://img.sadistic.pl/pics/d618e2b08ac1.jpg
    "Wały Chrobrego"