Thread: Option to _Not_ Auto Load last session on startup.

Option to _Not_ Auto Load last session on startup.

Upgraded to v5 this week and discovered the 'autoload last session unless you hit a key within 10 seconds' feature.

By the time I rebuild all our sessions - we'll have no less than 35 (not accounting for anything new that comes along the pike.) .

While we see how some studios could benefit from this feature, it is something that we will find cumbersome.

Dan Young
    Creative Director
    Access Nashua Community Television.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1066 View Post
    Upgraded to v5 this week and discovered the 'autoload last session unless you hit a key within 10 seconds' feature.

By the time I rebuild all our sessions - we'll have no less than 35 (not accounting for anything new that comes along the pike.) .

While we see how some studios could benefit from this feature, it is something that we will find cumbersome.

Dan Young
    Creative Director
    Access Nashua Community Television.
    I would second this request. The Tricaster we have students using has a "template" session that I don't want them to launch into and work within, so it would be nice if the end user could disable this auto load feature.
    Gabe Thomas

Gear Used:
    Tricaster Mini (AE)
    JVC GY-HM600 & JVC GY‑HM620U
    Livetext with LTscoreboards2 (Datalink from Daktronics AllSportCG)

Third’ed.

This is important.
    Juha Koivisto
    TriCaster 860 AE, 3Play 425

This was my suggestion last time this feature request came up:

I'd prefer to be able to set a default template that auto creates a NEW session at startup. This way a new session starts automatically (so an existing session isn't damaged) but the system comes up in a known, but user defined state. Maybe it could do this only if you have a session named "Default Template". Otherwise it loads the last used session. This should make both camps happy and requires no preference settings or UI modification.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, TC 8000, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, 3Play Mini, 3Play 4800, TS 100, TS 4000

I agree. useful request.

I would just make a macro to build your sessions. no need to have 35 different sessions if you can just load settings via Macros and MEMs
    Gear Used:
    TCXD 8000
    3Play 4800
    VizRT IP 2-Channel
    Panasonic HDX 900 Cameras
    NDI Connect Pro
    Graphic Outfitters ScoreHD
    Graphic Outfitters Scorebridge
    Livetext 3 w/ LT [Scoreboards 2]

In our case JonRaidel, We have 35 different shows (and growing) each with their own (mostly) unique graphics packages including backgrounds and lower thirds. Some are optimized for skype sessions while others for streaming, some for 2 people in the studio, and some for 4 or more. Some shows utilize their own macros for dropping the stream starting soon graphics, playing thier openings, cutting to the right cameras, going to break, etc. I would think that building 35 different macros to load each session would be that much more cumbersome.

I'll take a look at the idea though for some of the more cookie cutter shows we have.

Dan

Would love to see this feature

I'm just popping in to say that 'we're listening'. It's clear that the overwhelming view is that something needs to happen in this respect, but equally clear that there are various proposals about how to proceed. I'm not making promises, but typically we find some way to satisfy the majority, if not everyone.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

First: I manage several broadcast shows for our network. each with their own graphics package and elements, nothing unique i can 'share'. I have to manage something over 5000 elements for our Technical Directors. Now we do have a separate graphics operator for lower thirds, so that issue is there for you. but i will say this...
    each of your shows macros if they are unique to that specific show can still be separated as such. the benefits of making a 'load show' macro is cumbersome at first, but as soon as the first one is made, then it becomes very easy.

I would start out by making a macro that clears out anything you are doing with M/Es by making 'reset functions' taking advantage of loading MEMs via 1 line of macro code. You can then add lines to clear your DDRs, GFXs & Frame Buffer Channels. Resetting and configuring your audio is just the same MEMs, and you can setup your records & outputs how you want. thats your base. now your only lines of code are loading any MEMs that are unique and any content into DDRs, GFX & Frame Buffers.
    Gear Used:
    TCXD 8000
    3Play 4800
    VizRT IP 2-Channel
    Panasonic HDX 900 Cameras
    NDI Connect Pro
    Graphic Outfitters ScoreHD
    Graphic Outfitters Scorebridge
    Livetext 3 w/ LT [Scoreboards 2]