Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: edge rounding

Quote Originally Posted by dpont View Post
    It is a question of an official demand of the LWTeam/Newtek,
    several functional copies of RmanNodeCollect, DP Instance,purged versions of DPKit and DPFilter
    were joined to my reports (Sunsky also, but not achieved)
    but in a great confusion about what they expected exactly.

About plugins, being in a complicated situation since more than one year,
    without Workstation for testing or developing,
    I can't solve things myself.

Yes, Mr Chuck Baker was not there at this period,
    but I sent to him some proof about what I say, a few months ago.

But Newtek is still not responsive,
    personaly I have not to speculate publicly about this issue,
    but I don't understand how eminent persons, working for this company,
    can imagine that I could trust them, without clarification.

Denis.
    Hi, Denis!

Apologies if we've seemed unresponsive. I'd had Ben send along another question and about that time came down sick and was out of the office a few months, just back for a couple weeks now. Did try to keep up from home but there were some things I didn't get advanced during that time, this being one of them. Thank you very much for the materials you provided in your quick response to our inquiries, and I'll get back on the stick with this.

My apologies to the community as well, and I expect to be able to catch up with this as well as other projects now that I am back in the pocket.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by dpont View Post
    saying I'm, I wasn't welcome...

...still a loud silence from Newtek...

I was probably stupid to talk to the LWteam
    moderatly about my competences,
    and much more about some limitations,
    because someone just didn't want to see my face.

Denis.
    are they mad ? sure seems like it from that.

does not compute..

some solution must be possible

I wonder if anything ever did happen with this and if NT did sort things out with Dpont?

Personally, I'd rather the LW community engaged Dpont directly via paypal and he and his nodes are totally independent.

NT should integrate the plugins, one way or another.

and i'm confident they will.  (p.s. let's not bump this thread again, too early)
    Last edited by erikals; 08-28-2018 at 01:03 AM.

we are at november, i discover today this thread and i'm quite curious to see where we are going to go...

we wait for years a new lw, i bought 1 genuary 2018 the new license, like ever from lw3.0 amiga and lightrave
    many new kind features, but a lots of orphans about plugins, and today i discover that could be not all lost...

exploring this forum i see that in the last years most of lw group is gone, i not know why, i don't want to know why,

after 11 months lw render engine is a russian roulette, sometimes you change a value and you see higher render times, keep back value, and render time not come back to original, and many more, that as usual i sended bug report and features request.

like user form 1991 i invest a bit of money on this software, a lots of time, i formed tons of lightwavers in italy and in europe in general, but today...

i would like to know a road map for the future, the silence is bad attitude, i not ask date of release, but a roadmap... for
    - all modeler tools rewritten and cutted (too much duplicated tools with small difference)
    - all modeler tools loadable and usable from layout (at today they share the same mesh engine, or not)
    - denoiser ai like every other modern render engine, or if you not, do a partnership with Vlad of Neatvideo plugin, it's excellent to clean up noise, is more evoluted than actual lw denoiser, and i use it from 15 years, and work excellent of 3d noise
    - think to sell render engine like plugin for other software or like stand alone like octane render, a simple interface that load fbx, collada etc, select mesh, apply materials, lighting, setup and render out. IT's JUST ALL PRESENT IN LW, you only need to grab off tools from lw, selling lw license today is harder than selling a render engine with a new cool name at 499$ with x node rendering license. i understand that no money no dev of lightwave, this could be a way.
    please give us a road map, also if is from today to 2030, but just to know that you know where you will would go...
    the last 10 years give not good impression, and every day come out proof of bad situation.
    please
    Danger! Mad Scientist at work

I'm a mad genius, a mad scientist, someone like dr. jeckill and frankestein with a bit of Bugs Bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    My apologies to the community as well, and I expect to be able to catch up with this as well as other projects now that I am back in the pocket.
    August, September, October, November = 4 months since you posted. STILL waiting for that catch up to happen that you apologized for. Surely there is something to report by now... even if it's something like, "We want to reassure you that the cause of the issue has been found and corrected and that the code IS being worked on, but can't provide any ETA." Again, the issue of lack of communication rears its head right here. I know you hear that, but then continue to let long lapses of time go buy, leaving us with LOS (loss of signal).
    Dean A. Scott, mfa
    Senior 3D Animator and Graphic Design Illustrator, @ Astec, Inc.
    Owner / Lead Artist @ chrusion | FX

please give us a road map
    in a previous note, coders said Modeler is up next after Layout
    that's the current public roadmap.

August, September, October, November = 4 months since you posted
    not impossible those tools will be part of LightWave 2019, if true, you might not hear any news until late 2019/2020

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    not impossible those tools will be part of LightWave 2019, if true, you might not hear any news until late 2019/2020
    Not impossible, but still worth pointing out there'd been no further communication on the issue since the mention prior.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Not impossible, but still worth pointing out there'd been no further communication on the issue since the mention prior.
    There was also a blackout on Metamorphic for a good amount of time until we were finally informed that it was being incorporated into LW.

Perhaps it is a similar, but more sticky situation?

Quote Originally Posted by RPSchmidt View Post
    There was also a blackout on Metamorphic for a good amount of time until we were finally informed that it was being incorporated into LW.

Perhaps it is a similar, but more sticky situation?
    Incorporated? I didnīt know that until now, unless itīs a rumour...that sounds exciting, though for me it still need to be unpar or close too the modeling tools of blender for it to be of some real interest in the end.
    Hoping for a new release soon, with features and not just bug updates.....though I recognize the importance of that for those who updated, which I didnīt.

Incorporated?
    NT bought it, so assume it would be...

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Incorporated? I didnīt know that until now, unless itīs a rumour...that sounds exciting, though for me it still need to be unpar or close too the modeling tools of blender for it to be of some real interest in the end.
    Hoping for a new release soon, with features and not just bug updates.....though I recognize the importance of that for those who updated, which I didnīt.
    Yes, back in September. The thread was closed, but here are two salient posts ref. Metamorphic in LW.

JAY3D
    "I'm sorry to hear that, but do know that it's not in my hands to discuss something I signed an NDA not to do it... I think you should know that as everyone else.
    But nevertheless I can tell you now:

I thought that doing this step of making this plugin available in LW would make users happy, but then that understandably comes with some legal restrictions of the NDA, until announced by the acquiring party.

There are a bunch of fixes, and fixes in LW itself to make MM better, and that couldn't be done without tight integration into the software itself.

Given that you are trying to file for a dispute via PayPal cuz I couldn't respond because of the NDA is a little unfair. A press release of the acquisition was supposed to happen months ago, but then I'm not the boss of NT to follow up on such things.

And you know as everyone, how devoted I was to fix and add features to the plugin during the time I owned the rights to it, even beyond what was designed for."
    And then:

CHUCK
    "Yes, there has been an acquisition. There has not been an announcement because beyond the items already resolved and executed, there are other matters still in negotiation, and as is commonly the case those are not talked about before they hatch. Additionally, we prefer to make such announcements at or very close to the time of the affected product release (yes, we wrote the press release some time ago. No, it isn't time to share it yet).

We'll tell you more when we can, and in the meantime, NewTek confirms that the intention is that when Metamorphic appears in a future edition of LightWave, we will try to have any reported issues addressed, plus improvements made in both the main application and in Metamorphic to enhance the integration. We're looking forward to bringing you Jay's excellent work as a great addition to LightWave 3D's included toolset."
    I think most of us assumed by "appears in future edition of Lightwave" and "integration" that Metamorphic was going to be incorporated into future releases of LW.

i hope until the end of years, about communication, the missing plugin, and A real road map...
    @Erikals to me a road map is a complex diagrams where there are point of development, goal of development and rought timeline... not a post where someone somewhere told something... NT must keep a position with user...
    "other softwares don't give to users a road map" i could ear :-D yes real, but other software go out every 6 month, one year, not are a open building site from 20 years, from lw6 (since).
    i love lw, but use also zbrush, c4d, maya, and... nuff said...
    Last edited by pixelinfected; 11-09-2018 at 07:46 AM. Reason: add
    Danger! Mad Scientist at work

I'm a mad genius, a mad scientist, someone like dr. jeckill and frankestein with a bit of Bugs Bunny.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast