Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: edge rounding

Quote Originally Posted by dpont View Post
    About Edge node from DPKit,
    there's a fully working version for LW 2018,
    forgotten in some bottom drawer at Newtek,
    like many other nodes, in fact since LW 2016...

Who knows why it or they can be available
    for users right now? Who knows?

I made the job as usual, but just get an endless unsufferrable opacity, that's all.
    Sorry for inconvenience.
    Denis.
    Thanks Denis to get back here! This doesn't sound good, I wish NT would be more caring about their customers for software compatibility. DP kit was one of those basic plugins which i used in almost every scene. As was DP instancer, Sunsky and a lot of others.

As another example, I reported some months ago to NT that the last polygon reduction plugin "qemloss 3", which conserves UV maps is not working anymore in version 2018, at least on mac side. As everyone knows, LW always included as standard tool 'qemloss 2' - which is working in LW 2018 but rather useless that way. What I got as a reply a few days ago was that they can't do anything because it is a third party tool. I wonder why it is so difficult to take the existing reduction tool and make it UV map compatible for LW 2018... as this is such a basic and important functionality, it should be anyway included, or not?!

But I don't want to hijack the thread, lets see if they can get this included / set up at least for the next upgrade...

Cheers Markus
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Sunsky working in 2015 ..
    Is actually one of the better backdrop sunsky versions if you compare to blenders, or even houdiniīs sky environment.

The problem is that it wasnīt native, ergo..bound to fall out of grace within events in time, such as a new lightwave and people behind it all..Maybe arenīt connecting very well with Dpont it seems.

Seeing that it was over 3 years between major LW versions (2015 -> 2018) and that we're only in the "hundredths" decimal place for 2018 updates, it seems reasonable to believe that there won't be a LW 2019 or a LW 2020. Maybe we'll get into the "tenths" range for 2018 upgrades, as we have for all the last several versions. So, here's hoping 2018.1 or .3 or .5 will have the tool, interface, and plugin changes/additions we've been speculating on, since there is no road map, and never will be.
    Dean A. Scott, mfa
    Senior 3D Animator and Graphic Design Illustrator, @ Astec, Inc.
    Owner / Lead Artist @ chrusion | FX

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Sunsky working in 2015 ..
    Is actually one of the better backdrop sunsky versions if you compare to blenders, or even houdiniīs sky environment.

The problem is that it wasnīt native, ergo..bound to fall out of grace within events in time, such as a new lightwave and people behind it all..Maybe arenīt connecting very well with Dpont it seems.
    I have Sunsky 2018 here but very basic, at least with rough lights not optimised for volumetric, no atmospheric effect,
    Also RmanNodeCollect, a light version of DPKit, same for DPFilter, DP Instancer (PC versions only).
    but as you said connections aren't very well with NT, near zero in fact.
    I can add that I have some access to my machine now, but Ben knows that already.

Denis.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrusion View Post
    Seeing that it was over 3 years between major LW versions (2015 -> 2018) and that we're only in the "hundredths" decimal place for 2018 updates, it seems reasonable to believe that there won't be a LW 2019 or a LW 2020. Maybe we'll get into the "tenths" range for 2018 upgrades, as we have for all the last several versions. So, here's hoping 2018.1 or .3 or .5 will have the tool, interface, and plugin changes/additions we've been speculating on, since there is no road map, and never will be.
    [speculation mode On] from what i read here, and what are written in past on lightwave blogs, seems Lw2016 was 90% of what we have today, all features are presented at that times: new render engine, new mesh engine unified, deformation stack, and so on... then something happened and all is stopped for two years...
    [speculation mode OFF]
    i dont know what and why and... i think today is not important what, who, why, the important thing is how go over, how to help developing of lw, which have a lots of gems hidden to discover, to revamp the glory of old days of Lw.
    As developer i can see that there are many chance to dev more and better for a modern app.
    Let's go over and ... Dear Newtek tell us what do you think to do and what we can do for you, even if ask money, but in front of solid arguments.
    Many users here are feared from Messiah's effects...
    Danger! Mad Scientist at work

I'm a mad genius, a mad scientist, someone like dr. jeckill and frankestein with a bit of Bugs Bunny.

I have Sunsky 2018 here but very basic, at least with rough lights not optimised for volumetric, no atmospheric effect,
    Also RmanNodeCollect, a light version of DPKit, same for DPFilter, DP Instancer (PC versions only).
    I can add that I have some access to my machine now, but Ben knows that already.

Denis.
    Good luck Denis, let me know if you want to polish the website, images, banners, icons etc.

As far as 2018 sunsky, I hope they can communicate with you and get something going for the next release.

The best backdrop Ive seen ...if we exclude Vue and terragen which is a different volumetric spectral atmosphere beast and the most realistic ones (at a certain render cost), that is Daz studios iray render ..itīs bloom, spectral look and settings is really nice.
    Though I havenīt checked modoīs for a while, nor max vray or maya or cinema4d.

But working with blenders skytexture, or houdinis sky environment geometry, isnīt as nice as the sunsky you got going, with it I got so many options to enhance brightness, change color profiles, etc..which really isnīt there in
    blender or in houdini.

Really sorry to hear about the lacking communications, Denis.

As important as those plugins are for Lightwave's capabilities, I'm disappointed to hear that.
    Last edited by jwiede; 11-09-2018 at 04:47 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567