Thread: tripod mount?

tripod mount?

I want to use my PTZ1 as a portable device for live broadcasts. I don't see any way of mounting it to a traditional camera tripod. Does such a best/adapter exist? Thanks!

The PTZ1 camera has a screw hole on the bottom so you can connect a tripod camera plate to it.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Cheap, easy, fast solution

We have 4 HE-130's and occasionally run 2-4 others. Getting that many tripods for these things was cost prohibitive. We use cheap ball-heads meant for DSLR's, then a 1/4 to c-stand adapter to mount the cams to plain old c-stands. The ball heads have levels and a cleat for the camera mounting plate. I normally run with a torpedo level as well to double check them.

These are the ball-heads we bought
    These are the c-stand adapters we bought
    These are the c-stands

Worst-case, about $250 per cam and you're golden. Most of us have c-stands or light stands laying around, so really, for about a hundred bucks per head you can do what you want to do.
    Last edited by dhodlick; 03-02-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Can you confirm the bolt (screw) size, please?

The PTZ1 has the standard 1/4"-20 threads as found on the bottom of every camera/camcorder. I use the PTZ1 atop a tripod all the time, just screw tripod plate onto PTZ1 and go to work.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Excllent, I thought that might be the case. Interestingly, the bolt size is not in the Uers Guide specifications - that I could find, at least. Thanks Jeff

HI Kane, I just purchased a PTZ1 and mounted the camera plate. There are metal extrusions, for connecting the ceiling mount plates, that block the plate from making contact with the tripod head. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution, aside from washers etc.? I am trying to mount to a Manfrotto head.