Thread: Need KVM Externder recomendation for 3Play

Need KVM Externder recomendation for 3Play

Recently we shifted production from an On-Location Flight Pack to a central Control Room model. Now the 3Play Operator is in a control room 100ft away from the 3Play mainframe in the machine room down the hall. I am looking for a KVM extender to bridge the gap for Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, and 3Play Controller. Currently, I have a Geffen DVI KVM HDBaseT 2.0 Extender which works most of the time but glitches every few seconds. Does anyone have a recommendation for a more durable KVM extender for a 3Play 440?

I sold a dual head Adder Infinity KVM extender to one of my 3P customers, so far so good.

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    The Gefen solution will not be reliable. We officially recommend the Adder Infinty Dual link solution.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Thanks for the replies. The Adder Infinity solutions appear to require a fiber cable to link the two ends. Adding fiber to our installation is rather difficult so I would prefer a solution using our existing CAT cable (which there is a surplus of). Is there another system you would recommend?

No, Infinity can work over copper as well.