Thread: Connect Spark Not Working

Connect Spark Not Working

Has anyone else lately had an issue where Connect Spark will not show up as a video NDI source on TriCaster 410? I've been on the phone with support and they are telling me to RMA the spark but I highly doubt that is the issue. The spark was working one month ago and now all of the sudden doesn't work?

I am on TriCaster 410
    Latest firmware

Latest firmware on Spark
    NDI HX driver installed on TriCaster and other NDI computer as well.

Help me out please!

Open NDI Studio Monitor in the NDI|HX folder on your TC410 and select the spark as a source. Are you seeing the video source? If not update the NDI|HX driver and install then check to see if the source comes up.
    Sr. Director, Marketing Services
    NewTek
    San Antonio, TX

I've updated the NDI HX driver several times with no luck. If I open studio monitor on a different computer I can see the Spark input but when I open studio monitor on TC410 I get nothing. I can't tell if the issue is with TC410 or the spark itself. Any other thoughts? I am on the same subnet and all network stuff is configured properly since I can see other NDI inputs from TC410. The only one that I can't see is the Spark.

Do you see the spark listed on studio monitor on the TC410 as an available source? Can you ping the spark from the TC410 via command prompt?
    NewTek
    San Antonio, TX

I do not see the source listed on studio monitor on TC410 but I can ping the spark from TC410.

Check to make sure your firewall is disabled. If your NDI|HX driver is up to date on the TC410 and your spark is running the latest firmware, studio monitor should be picking it up as a source.

Any other issues with discovery of other NDI sources on your TC410?
    NewTek
    San Antonio, TX

No other issues with other NDI sources. I have updated firmware on everything.

I can pickup Spark on the Studio monitor on a second computer but if I install studio monitor on TC I don't see the spark at all. I can ping it no prob etc. Local firewall is disabled. NewTek just sent me a new spark and I am still having the exact same issue.....this is getting frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfore View Post
    No other issues with other NDI sources. I have updated firmware on everything.

I can pickup Spark on the Studio monitor on a second computer but if I install studio monitor on TC I don't see the spark at all. I can ping it no prob etc. Local firewall is disabled. NewTek just sent me a new spark and I am still having the exact same issue.....this is getting frustrating.
    I appreciate how frustrating this is, just writing to say this all seems to point to it being something specific to the network settings or functionality on the TC.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    I would also check NDI Acces manager to make sure your 410 is in the public group under the receive section.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

HX sources aren't grouped at present, afaik. I think they blow right past AM.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")