Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubercam 3 (Gripe thread, comment thread, general discussion)

Frequenter
    Great to see you around here again, Chilton! Not all is lost, it seems! Ubercam is still alive. Yay!!! :-)

Yeah, it's definitely still alive. Everything except the VR cameras predates my work, and was written for an earlier version of the LightWave SDK. I updated all of them for the latest SDK, but I don't know it like the back of my hand. The VR stuff, I know.

So I think Ubercam 3 might just be the VR cameras and a few new tricks, then I'll start fleshing out the cameras again as it proceeds.

Now, I DO have some cool new tricks for VR stuff, but I'm going to keep quiet on what those features are until right before it ships. The hills have eyes, dontchaknow.

-Chilton

Very good to hear CB. Also good to know that squeeky wheels still draw attention.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by ConjureBunny View Post
    Ubercam 3 will see the light of day, and I'm hoping that's very soon. It's been a MUCH harder road to plow than I expected. I have a ton of crashes in the product that only crash in 2018. Rather than point fingers (squarely at NewTek) I'm just going to assume it's possible I did not understand the SDK properly. Hey, it could happen. They'll return in a new version, just not the 3.0 release.
    Feel free to use the heck out of the feedback agent on any crashes, and throw any questions you have in there when you do, or via the support form. If you didn't understand it we need to explain it better, but possibly you understood the SDK just fine and if so, we may have stuff we need to fix.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Frequenter
    Is there any news, Chilton? I can imagine the release of 2019 might have stirred up a thing or two, but I am still veeerrrrry interested in seeing UberCam rise and shine again :-)
    Would be so darn cool to combine lightwaves viewport to my still new and shiny HMD... ;-}

It's in active development now

Frequenter
    yay!!!! :-) Thank you for the heads up!

Almost 4 months since this last "yay"... Perhaps we'll just have to write off the all the Multi-Cam cameras in Ubercam, as well as Overscan, … I haven't tested the VR Cameras (don't have an Oculus, just a Vive) so I can't verify if they work...

Sad to see this once great plugin founder ...
    Lightwave 2015 & 2019 (Mac & Win)
    High Sierra & Windows 10 (Bootcamp)
    Mac Pro 2009
    32 GB ram
    2 NVIDIA Quadro K5000s

While waiting, try the free Twinmotion with your VR headset. Maybe limited to archvis, but it is free until 2019 Nov and used to be 2000+ $. More here:
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...-till-November

While waiting I think I'll write a novel … or bake a cake … or roll back to LW 2015 for some projects …

OTOH, I downloaded Twinmotion a couple of weeks ago, but haven't had time to experiment with it yet ...
    Lightwave 2015 & 2019 (Mac & Win)
    High Sierra & Windows 10 (Bootcamp)
    Mac Pro 2009
    32 GB ram
    2 NVIDIA Quadro K5000s

Instead of baking a cake, try the new VR camera introduced in LW2018. Supposed to include a 4K 3D preset that should be sharp in your Vive HMD: https://docs.lightwave3d.com/display...Types-VRCamera

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12