Thread: Always broadcasting NEWTEK-CONNECT Wifi SSID?

Always broadcasting NEWTEK-CONNECT Wifi SSID?

I've setup the spark to connect to my access point.

Yet, it appears that it is still broadcasting the SSID "NEWTEK-CONNECT". Is this how it works for everyone... all the time?

I work at events where it is poor taste to broadcast an SSID.

Let me know if this can be turned off or if it is always on.

Cheers!

joe
    Blaze Streaming Media
    www.blazestreaming.com

Joe,
    I saw this post and was hoping someone replied. We have the same issue. Have you found the solution?

Does it still broadcast an SSID if you configure it to connect to a wifi network? Even if the network isn't accessible, it should be searching for it rather than defaulting back to being an ad-hoc hotspot
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #1
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #2
    Video Nerd

We've been running across this, too. We've got two Sparks and they are always broadcasting SSIDs, even when connected to our WiFi.

I am surprised by the lack of options in the firmware.

The latest firmware should resolve this. What firmware are you running?

http://new.tk/NCSInfo
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    The latest firmware should resolve this. What firmware are you running?

http://new.tk/NCSInfo
    We're using the latest Spark firmware and they still broadcast SSIDs even when connected.

Also, I'm curious if there is a way to prioritize connecting to 5GHz (or 5.8, or whatever it is) instead of 2.4GHz. We've noticed that it is suggested to connect to 5GHz, but even when our connect to a 5GHz network they still think they are on 2.4GHz, despite the access point being about ten feet away. They still send a signal that works, though.

I've also noticed that I cannot for the life of me find where to get a MAC address for the Sparks, in either Windows or macOS browsers viewing the interface. I don't have the field I've seen in some screenshots.

The biggest problem, however, is that our TriCaster will not load a session if a Spark is connected to the wireless network. We've been using them mainly with another switching software and they work great, so it makes me wonder if it is a compatibility issue. We are currently using Advanced Edition build 4-0-170313C after the latest (at the time) version had catastrophic stability issues during an event, which I see have hopefully been addressed. So the question is, what NDI/HX build should I be using with our AE build, and where do I download it? I'd like to try that before installing the newest version of AE. We have an event at the end of this week and I'd love it if I could reinstall and older version of the NDI tools and have the Sparks work, rather than installing the new AE and possibly having to roll back yet again. It comes down to not having enough time.

Thanks for the info,

Adam

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    Adam you need to update your TriCaster software to the latest version of Advanced Edition which is 5-1-180911. We no longer even offer 4-0 versions of TriCaster for download.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call