Thread: Livepanel questions

Livepanel questions

Hi,

a few questions concerning Livepanel :

- Where is the Livepanel configuration stored, builder pages layout etc ? I suspect the C:\ProgramData\NewTek folder, which these days contains most of the non-session related configuration files, but I'd like to be sure.
    - Same questions for the macro recorded through Livepanel, they are stored in a "lIve Panel" folder in Macro Editor. But I can't file where it's stored on the hard drive.
    - Do you plan to have specific Livepanel builder templates tied to sessions, and not a global Builder configuration which is the same whatever the session is opened in Tricaster ?
    - In Builder, you have to be in edit mode to switch from one page to another. I know you can assign "Switch to Page X" to cells, but then you have to do it for every page you create.... can be a bit annoying.

Anyway, it's a really great addition, and many customers already love it from the first release !

Cheers.

Jerome

Hi jerome, I just have purchased LivePanel, but I dont have any information, manuals or documentation about how build scenes, scores or changes... I see your post but no replys. Have you got anything? I would like to have any tutorial about how to build score scenes?
    thanks

LivePanel config files are written to ProgramData/NewTek/Web Datastore. I've lost track of where macros are written, sorry. My systems are pretty non-standard, which makes it a bit hard to find things.

As to documentation, each page in the system is effectively self-documenting, in that basic operation notes are available in the titlebar. Those going beyond the standard functionality described there will have to do some digging, I'm afraid.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi,

I don't have much more information to share unfortunately. The thing I'd like to learn today is how to create my own sport page, which is fully non-documented.

Are you talking about creating your own Scoreboard control webpage within LivePanel for a sport that isn't currently listed? Or something different?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Yes, exactly, I'd like to know how to create a specific sport webpage.

Hmmm. I would be quite difficult for a user to add a custom sport page to the ones provided directly in LivePanel. However, creating a custom title page to display in TriCaster would be pretty easy to do in LiveText. You could then supply suitable value updates to it using one of the existing LivePanel scoreboard pages that has controls similar to those you need.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Professional Services could create this for you and build it into Live Panel.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorsunshine View Post
    Hi,

a few questions concerning Livepanel :

- In Builder, you have to be in edit mode to switch from one page to another. I know you can assign "Switch to Page X" to cells, but then you have to do it for every page you create.... can be a bit annoying.

Anyway, it's a really great addition, and many customers already love it from the first release !

Cheers.

Jerome
    What I did was use page 1 to be the "Home" page and on it's page are all the buttons linked to other pages. Then on each page I add the "Home" button linked to page 1. I also added a button to go to a specific page that could be or is used in conjunction with that page when needed.
    Example of this would be a page that executes functions to run the show but in this show, there are two, three box configured M/E's. I make another page that basically is 3BOX A on the left and then three rows of buttons to the right of it with each button linked to a macro that changes the input for the box in the 3BOX. On the Show page is the Home button and 3Box Input Select button. On the 3Box Input Select page is Home and Show button.

Take care,
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Ya know ... Builder is pretty cool, but all the more so as our creative users make it do things we never thought of - which, of course, is what it's for! I, for one, would love to see some little videos of things people do with it.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator