Thread: Audio Control Surface Support

Audio Control Surface Support

Besides the Avid Artist Mix, I would love to see support for multiple control surfaces via usb, midi, or network cable. Having faders that control the audio mixer with assignable macros to patch audio. With Dante support already in AE, audio patching, routing, and mixing outisde the tricaster interface for a separate audio engineer would be great.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/searc...e&N=4294550044

The Live Panel feature which is an option on TC1 and included with VMC1 has a web based audio mixer. I know you are looking for something with hardware faders, but just wanted to let people know this can be an option as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP-AudioMixer.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	188.7 KB 
ID:	139537
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Have someone tested Avid Pro Tools S3 panel with Tricasters ?
    It have 16x Motorized Faders and level meters compared to Avid Artist Mix. 8x faders is not enough as usually

There isn't support for the S3 panel.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

TriCaster 860 PortaStudio
    I had my Avid Artist Mix working great, but since new.tk support helped me upgrade to the latest build in mid Jan 2018, it no longer works. They said they were unable to help me install the third party drivers. That put me off a little because artist mix compatibility is advertised with the products. Can someone recommend which drivers are the best to use- I've seen recommendations of 3.0.4, but the newest version is several newer.

ALSO, I am still wishing that I could configure my multiview to show the audio mixer and external cameras. That way, one crew can do remote cameras (external) and audio while the other does main punch.