Thread: How to transfer 10-bit video throuth NDI?

How to transfer 10-bit video throuth NDI?

In online document NDI Encoding/Decoding there describe formats about 10 or more bits support as:"The most common implementations are expected to utilize 8-bit UYVY and RGBA video, however support for 10-bit and 16-bit is available. The internal pipeline of the codec is maintained entirely at 16-bit or better.". But I checked the SDK, there is no 10-bit FourCC type supported, like v210, p010 and so on.
    I wonder how to do with NDI to transfer 10-bit video?

Thanks.

Me too! I have an application that needs to stream some high quality depth camera information, and 8 bits is not really enough.

To be more specific, I see that in Processing.NDI.struct.h, the NDIlib_video_frame_t struct defines a video frame explicitly in terms of 8-bit, i.e.:

Code:
    // The video data itself
    uint8_t* p_data;
    So that seems like a non-starter. If NDI supposedly "supports" higher bit depth, how do we practically make use of this in our applications?

All the SDK actually does is define it in terms of a pointer. What we need to do however is support FourCC's for higher than 8bit precision which will (almost certainly) be in the next version.