Thread: YouTube Live Failure

YouTube Live Failure

Tricaster Mini AE

Going live on YouTube is failing the tricaster streamer runs for a few seconds and fails saying maybey bad bit-rate or mismatched height width. I have never seen this before. I am assuming a streaming profile is messed up. Any ideas.
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    geeknews@gmail.com
    http://geeknewscentral.com

TriCaster: TC1 / 860 AE / Mini AE

Is the streaming using the YouTube connection or a Custom connection with RTMP settings?

What version of AE are you running?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

The very latest as downloaded from website today.[

QUOTE=kanep;1532270]Is the streaming using the YouTube connection or a Custom connection with RTMP settings?

What version of AE are you running?[/QUOTE]
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    geeknews@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by GeekNews View Post
    Tricaster Mini AE

Going live on YouTube is failing the tricaster streamer runs for a few seconds and fails saying maybey bad bit-rate or mismatched height width. I have never seen this before. I am assuming a streaming profile is messed up. Any ideas.
    I had a similar error and found I had to choose reusable stream key on YouTube. For some reason, it didn't like the single use keys even though the process on Tricaster AE is the same.
    Gabe Thomas

Gear Used:
    Tricaster Mini (AE)
    JVC GY-HM600 & JVC GY‑HM620U
    Livetext with LTscoreboards2 (Datalink from Daktronics AllSportCG)

I AM SERIOUSLY PISSED.

My Tricaster Mini AE is not utilized a lot 3-4 shows a year. But I am very diligent in keeping it updated. Prior to shipping I ran the system up and checked things out and the system appeared to be operating as it should. I did not do a test stream as that is the last thing I would ever think would fail with the Tircaster.

So today during final shakedown here at CES we discovered the box would not stream. We rebuilt the system from scratch downloaded the latest update. The last time I had updated it was on 12-27. After 5 hours yes 5 F%^&*( hours I called my dealer and said I am in trouble). Newtek was already gone for the day by that time. The dealer called a tech they new at home and he graciously pointed us in the right direction.

Turns out the box need an updated "Intel Graphic drivers". YES this caused the box to not stream. No where had I received notice that this was ever needed or an issue. It has not been in any release notes, but the tech within 60 seconds of being on the phone with my dealer knew what the problem was.

So here is the deal Newtek better get their act together. Their needs to be well advertised notices that updates customers about issues. We do not need to have to go through 6 hours of pure hell to fix a problem that should be in some release notes or shared here on this forum.

Yes shame on me for not testing the stream, but this has never been a issue that stuff just works and has worked until a lonely Intel Graphics driver needed a revision. They had not issue telling me to update the 740 driver, heck the tricaster would not even start till it had been updated.

I'm good for tomorrow but non-documentation by Newtek and non notification to customers that this may be an issue cost me a lot of money today.
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    geeknews@gmail.com

We just upgraded to AE and got the Graphics driver update notice as well. After installing all worked fine but this was an upgrade and not an update.

On a similar note to your streaming problems. We have had 2 instances in the last 18 months where our 460 unit would not stream onsite at a hotel conference room. Worked great back at our studio. Turns out the locations had made recent network changes and evidently blocking video out on the ports needed from their internet provider. It took our IT tech about an hour onsite in one instance to track down the issues with some networking hardware. Those hotels now know to open that port when we work there. I'm only throwing that out as a reference in the event someone ever has weird issues like this. One thing that helped diagnose the issue was the second time we could get a stream out wirelessly via laptop but had no way to get the Tricaster content into the laptop. We now have a SDI to USB convertor so we can stream right from a laptop if needed and do it wirelessly. I know wireless is not the best for stability but if all else goes south it's a viable backup plan and we did have to use it once.
    Philip Hinkle
    State Bar of Wisconsin

TriCaster 460 and Certified Operator
    JVC GY-HM750 2-4 cams

This was not the Nvidia 740 update this was the Mini's motherboard Intel graphics card we had to update. We new about the 740 update as the Tricaster upgrade forces you to do the update. But the Intel graphics card update remained unknown until the tech pointed us in the right direction and it fixed it. This required us to install a Intel application downloaded from the web that scanned the machine and then provided a list of items that needed to be updated. From the beginning of time we have been instructed to "never ever" update the Tricaster unless Newtek recommended it.

This is the second time in less than 6 months I have had to re-build a non-broke machine and go through all kinds of issues to get the box working because their was some obscure driver that needed updated that was not documented. It has to end. We rely on these machines to be mission ready. It taught me a lesson though to test all components from end to end before shipping for an event even the streaming portion because it seems any update can just break random stuff.

So far as onsite port blocking. That was the first thing we tested as it was the logical issue. We tested with an alternate streaming solution with no issues and knew it was not a Port blocking problem.

There are many viable competitors available today with equally good solutions. I have remained loyal to Newtek because the product works but loyalty only goes so far. They need to get their documentation together and start being transparent about issues.

Just as a further note all streaming options were broken. Facebook Live, YouTube Old School via RTMP etc.. The entire stream code was JACKED.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman1206 View Post
    We just upgraded to AE and got the Graphics driver update notice as well. After installing all worked fine but this was an upgrade and not an update.

On a similar note to your streaming problems. We have had 2 instances in the last 18 months where our 460 unit would not stream onsite at a hotel conference room. Worked great back at our studio. Turns out the locations had made recent network changes and evidently blocking video out on the ports needed from their internet provider. It took our IT tech about an hour onsite in one instance to track down the issues with some networking hardware. Those hotels now know to open that port when we work there. I'm only throwing that out as a reference in the event someone ever has weird issues like this. One thing that helped diagnose the issue was the second time we could get a stream out wirelessly via laptop but had no way to get the Tricaster content into the laptop. We now have a SDI to USB convertor so we can stream right from a laptop if needed and do it wirelessly. I know wireless is not the best for stability but if all else goes south it's a viable backup plan and we did have to use it once.
    Last edited by GeekNews; 01-10-2018 at 12:53 AM.
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    geeknews@gmail.com

So I received an email from Peter Haller he is a VP at Newtek.

First and foremost I appreciate the email. But I think Newtek still has a fundamental problem. If they know of an issues with machines it should be a note in the upgrade and or release notes that say hey if you see this here is a link to an article to fix it. I was unfamiliar with the KB base if I had been (my fault) I would have had a fix in 5 minutes versus struggling for 6 hours. Big lesson for me, but also I think it should give Newtek some insight.

Recommendation: Create a FAQ section on this forum where the knowledge base issues are copied over. When your in a panic, few to hours of sleep and against a deadline panic and rational thinking goes out the window.

Recomendation #2 Log these pop up errors someplace we can easily get to them so that we can cut and paste the popups into google to see if we can find something indexed on the Newtek site.

Here is part of the email which was cordial and appreciated.

"Recent changes to how Windows and its related software drivers operate have forced changes in our recommendations regarding software updates from our component suppliers. Security updates will often be a system requirement, and as such we have had to shift away from recommending against any driver or software update not explicitly included in our installer. In addition there are recent restrictions in accessing the web locations of some driver updates that make it technically infeasible to directly call them in a reliable manner from our installer, so as a result of all this we now allow for customer updates to the Windows system and drivers. You're correct this is a change, and our installers contain new instructions to reflect this.

The Intel driver issue you experienced is referenced in this knowledge base article: https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/...s/115003361174 . I highly recommend accessing our knowledge base any time using the first link at http://new.tk/support . Many current questions and issues are addressed here. In addition if you request support via our web form (http://new.tk/help) it will automatically identify knowledge base articles that may be helpful."
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    geeknews@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by GThomas View Post
    I had a similar error and found I had to choose reusable stream key on YouTube. For some reason, it didn't like the single use keys even though the process on Tricaster AE is the same.
    I know there are other issues in this thread but I wanted to say thanks. I have having a similar but different issue and your post helped me figure it out. I was getting a missing stream profile error when clicking stream for youtube and was pulling my hair out. Set the event for reusable key and bing bang boom it worked like a charm and now i dont have to download profiles or copy/paste stream keys. Was having flashbacks to the days of not copying a stream key correctly lol. so yeah thanks big time

GeekNews, I feel your pain. I am not very PC tech savvy and have spent the last 10 hours updating and googling how to and found some info that helped me on the support pages. I needed to get my Facebook live stream working again on my Mini 4SDI AE -
    My event starts this coming Friday so I am a little ahead of the curve with time to trouble shoot.

The FB stream worked after the Intel and NVIDIA driver updates. yay!

BBBBBUUUUUUTTTT----
    I updated my AE before I saw the driver update suggestion.
    I am concerned that I am still getting an error message upon booting to Tricaster.

"Unable to load kernel video driver. Please re-install this application."

If I had not read this thread I would just ignore it and held my breathe that the streaming holds out through the event next Friday and Saturday.
    But this thread makes it sounds important to the TC system.

How critical is this message and should I ignore or address the message???!!!!

-

This happened to me last week. But in my case it was a matter of my Tricaster losing its assigned static IP address. And it will no longer accept a static IP from a managed switch from which other devices connected to it will. I may have motherboard issues because the video card is acting a bit weird as well---but this is all beside the point.

Once we got our I.T. department our Tricaster's MAC ADDRESS and port(s) info we were good, until the network card issues mentioned above.