Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 453

Thread: Show your LW2018 Test Renders

  1. #181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    481
    Just did a test with displacement. A bit tricky the slope value. Maybe some Lwavers specialists on terrains could make some tutorials.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	render.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	139404

    sand.lws

    Regards!
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

    Salvador Ureņa
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

  2. #182
    Super Member CaptainMarlowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Belfort, France
    Posts
    1,780
    A few render tests made from models I have completely reworked with new shading system (which was quite easy with OD_tools, since I had painted - or processed textures for - almost all of them in substance painter/designer, therefore, they were "PBR-ready"). I have some fireflies to get rid of on the SCI-FI one, but I'll find a way. Some postwork on the castle (mainly the lens flare).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carosse_forest_NR.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	139406 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spacerunner_canyonjump.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	989.6 KB 
ID:	139407 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HK_PBR_rendertest2_Final_Render_colorcorrected_000.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	404.9 KB 
ID:	139408

  3. #183
    Studio Animator DonJMyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    Attachment 139403

    My attempt at some arch-vis.
    Your "set" would be a great candidate for testing the cel shaders since it has few textures. Plus the japanese scene makes me think of anime anyway

  4. #184
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    481
    Wow, that castle has evolved a lot!
    Be careful with the horses material, they seem made of ceramic.
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

    Salvador Ureņa
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

  5. #185
    Super Member CaptainMarlowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Belfort, France
    Posts
    1,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Asticles View Post
    Wow, that castle has evolved a lot!
    Be careful with the horses material, they seem made of ceramic.
    Yeah, the horses are just free models I used for reference. I plan to texture them and mess with FiberFX with them !

  6. #186
    Super Member Kryslin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Prescott, IA
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJMyers View Post
    Your "set" would be a great candidate for testing the cel shaders since it has few textures. Plus the japanese scene makes me think of anime anyway
    I'll have to give it a shot, then.
    --------
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

  7. #187
    geo messy madno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    756
    Test with brute force and caustics (2018.0.1).
    21m 47sec.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018.0.1_Glass_21m-47sec.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	283.1 KB 
ID:	139417

  8. #188
    Hardcore Lightwaver Photogram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    282
    Here is my final version!!

    Brute Force 1920X1080 pixels 2:26h min

    I uncheked Sample Backdrop and ISBG Sampling in GI panel.

    The noise cleaning has been done in Lightwave first and then exported the Object and Surface ID buffers to Photoshop where i used the Reduce Noise filter.

    Thanks for the help

    For animating this no choice everything will need to be baked or go with Interpolated..

    Only one crash in Layout till January 1st 2018!!!

    No airplane has been crashed during these tests


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bombardier_LW2018_Final_Watermarked_ZYX3D.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	139419Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapshot_Bombardier_Final.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	139420
    Last edited by Photogram; 01-13-2018 at 06:25 PM.
    Dual Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHZ // 64 gig DDR 3 // 32 cores // Windows 10

  9. #189

  10. #190
    Pär Mostad Meshbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Gavle Sweden
    Posts
    277
    Here are my first two renders.
    Just downloaded some free models and played around with the new lights and shading system.
    There are a lot of new settings to learn in LightWave 2018 render engine

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera_lens_render.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	139428 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chairs_render.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	139427

  11. #191
    I resolved to set aside the weekend to do a set up or two in 2018. I only have 17 days left on the trial so despite me not being that into it I took time out to get into it. Here's something that started out as based on a photo reference, going for that print catalog look. Some post work in PShop, might have gone over board but it was mainly to do something new and not just resurrect a previous old scene.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Office_ 011_Grade.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	651.7 KB 
ID:	139429

    All materials are Principal Shader and there's two NGon lights used. Still unsure how I feel about 2018 at this stage, I played around with some old scenes but it was too much fuss converting lighting and I figured it's best to make new choices with the new lights, sampling and whatnot and see what they offer, old scenes with old set ups were slow to render.

  12. #192
    ack ack Markc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,181
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FW_2018_02.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	577.7 KB 
ID:	139432
    Updated an old model with 2018 shaders.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.12 RX580 Pulse LW2018 Fusion 9 Oculus Rift Gear VR

  13. #193
    Still...Absolute Amateur scallahan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Salem, NH
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJMyers View Post

    The objects were made 20 years ago and the movie came out about 18-17 years ago as it sat on the shelf a dud for almost two years. Giving the growing dial up internet time to kill it before it arrived. It was a different time. Pluto Nash is just plain not funny and the great special FX make it even worse. Spectacle is perceived as serious. I think I spent more time thinking about what went into my Moon Beach est. shot than the writer spent on the whole movie. Moon Beach is "Las Vegas on the moon."
    Great, now I just had to add this to my Netflix DVD queue. Since it has LW in it, I HAVE to see it.

    Steve

  14. #194
    Super Member Snosrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    4,903
    Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    I resolved to set aside the weekend to do a set up or two in 2018. I only have 17 days left on the trial so despite me not being that into it I took time out to get into it. Here's something that started out as based on a photo reference, going for that print catalog look. Some post work in PShop, might have gone over board but it was mainly to do something new and not just resurrect a previous old scene.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Office_ 011_Grade.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	651.7 KB 
ID:	139429

    All materials are Principal Shader and there's two NGon lights used. Still unsure how I feel about 2018 at this stage, I played around with some old scenes but it was too much fuss converting lighting and I figured it's best to make new choices with the new lights, sampling and whatnot and see what they offer, old scenes with old set ups were slow to render.
    Excellent! One of the best yet.

  15. #195
    Electron wrangler jwiede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    5,904
    Quote Originally Posted by madno View Post
    Test with brute force and caustics (2018.0.1).
    21m 47sec.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018.0.1_Glass_21m-47sec.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	283.1 KB 
ID:	139417
    Something looks a bit "off" about the base of the glass (below the fluid). Quite nice in a lot of other areas, though.
    Last edited by jwiede; 01-14-2018 at 10:45 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.5),32GB RAM, NV 1080ti

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •