Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Show your LW2018 Test Renders

Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    I spent the last two days testing 2018 again, using an old scene, converting everything to principled shaders and using an environment light. This renderer still has major issues dealing with anti aliasing in high contrast areas and noise in under lit areas, not that noticeable here as I fixed it in post. Second image was white balanced to remove the sunset tones and keep the white car more white.

Attachment 140585Attachment 140586

Still too slow for my liking.
    Cool renders, as always, well done!
    I'm with Marander on this one and think your "old" renders with 2015 (or was it 11.x ?) looked as good as those ones, if not better, so i'm not convinced you gained that much with 2018.
    Except perhaps on render times?
    Or ease of use?

Anyway the scene is probably too "light" (not in term of modeling or shaders quality, more of the complexity of the scene itself...) to judge if 2018 would shine in a much more complex scene.

A.K.A "The Silver Fox" Gungho3D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    I spent the last two days testing 2018 again, using an old scene, converting everything to principled shaders and using an environment light. This renderer still has major issues dealing with anti aliasing in high contrast areas and noise in under lit areas, not that noticeable here as I fixed it in post. Second image was white balanced to remove the sunset tones and keep the white car more white.

Still too slow for my liking.
    DJ, these two renders are nothing short of superb.

Yeah yeah I know: down in the 3rd tire tread from the left, the grains of sand aren't quite popping as much as they should be. And why oh why can't it all just render in three minutes, for crying out loud! ...

Outstanding renders, not bad for "two days testing". Have you bought into LW 2018 or are you still running the demo?

well you say that "cant render in 3 mins", but if i render my spinner with illuminous polys instead of the 22 spherical lights i have in my scene at 1080p, it renders in 2!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	421.4 KB 
ID:	140603
    with the lights, its not far off 3, and this is a fairly close full on shot, with the camera further away a lot less, with no lights turned on its only about 30 seconds
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	461.1 KB 
ID:	140604
    i would have thought with clean smooth surfaces, if its set up right he should be able to render his car even faster as there is a lot more grime and noise going on in mine,
    Intel i7 5960X Extreme, Asus Rampage V extreme, 3x 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GTX970, 32GB DDR4 2666 corsair dominator
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031