Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OD 2018 Tool Set Released - And Now OD 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    I always like to have one version back on some things like Lightwave. No biggy I suppose. Just now finished getting them. I ended up with 110 vids for compatible for both and another 40 for just 2018 if I got them correct. The names have changed somewhat from the release name on vimeo vs. the list grid on the order page.

And I did notice the 2nd album so got those too. Where do you find time to program let alone do production work? Sheesh!
    To be honest, the programming time is less of an issue than making the videos, especially since i cannot SHOW production content in a lot of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    I always like to have one version back on some things like Lightwave.
    I do the same. I always have 1 or 2 projects that have to stay in the previous version because they're too far along and I'm not about re-engineering everything.

That said, I started a big project in LightWave 2018 a few weeks ago. Hopefully, I can get this one done before the next big LightWave release.

Hey Wavers,

I made the attached mostly so I can sort things out with my recently acquired OD Tool Set, and it dawned on me that a lot of others might find this useful too. I'm a big believer in saving tutorials to my system for quick future reference, but while going through them & "kicking the tires" with the toolset to learn what's what, confusion quickly arose. (Short term memory issues don't help of course). I haven't updated to LW 2018 yet so wanted to know what I could use now. Turns out it's good many.

There's no manual with the toolset, but seeing what they do in action is frankly quicker & a lot more meaningful. The vids are all pretty short but in no particular order on Vimeo, or which component of Lightwave used in.

Find the OD 2018 Tools videos are here: https://vimeo.com/album/4335852

... but note the Collections option in the lower right.

Even so, there are a LOT of vids to go through no matter what.

After installing & adding the menu branches, you quickly see that they're quite necessarily placed in drop downs rather than individually as seen in the vids. As such, I made a quick file sorting of my d\led clips then made this spreadsheet.

ODTools List on Vimeo.zip

There's one or two on vimeo that are the same but diffeent posting date & slightly different info so I left them in. No links in the sheet, but the names are as listed on Vimeo, so you can simply copy & use that to search.

Hope this useful.

great release. congratulations.

i was skimming through the new lw2018 docs and came across this:

https://docs.lightwave3d.com/display...ter_Import.pdf

could this be automated with the new lw sdk?

here's a sneakpeak to something coming soon to the OD 2018 toolset

https://vimeo.com/249673635

BTW, I just installed OD Pie Menus.

I think it will take me a while to get used to using it but I think it's going to be nice, especially since I'm often working on a tablet computer.

Keep up the great work!

I am really looking forward to some surface-time with 2018 and the pie menu.

Just dropping in to say, again, wow and thanks. It has been a long time since such attention to one's offerings. (Think Joe Alter releasing 3 versions in a day... sigh, is the last I recall with such vim and vigor.)

Makes me want to find a couple of gigs. Or make up some.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by UnCommonGrafx View Post
    I am really looking forward to some surface-time with 2018 and the pie menu.

Just dropping in to say, again, wow and thanks. It has been a long time since such attention to one's offerings. (Think Joe Alter releasing 3 versions in a day... sigh, is the last I recall with such vim and vigor.)

Makes me want to find a couple of gigs. Or make up some.
    Robert
    i might beat the 3 versions a day today hehe..

I pushed out a new version to all registered users that now includes the Motion Presets, which have been updated with their ability to load/save poses.

updated video here:

https://vimeo.com/249820881

Titles and links list of the OD Tools in january 2018 OD_Tools_Video_List_JAN_2018.txt

Made some additions to the preset system and a new video here.

https://vimeo.com/250152824

Also, as a reminder, this is the last week (until Jan 14th 2018) where you can get the OD2018 Toolset for the introductory price.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverhotz View Post

Also, as a reminder, this is the last week (until Jan 14th 2018) where you can get the OD2018 Toolset for the introductory price.

Put in my order this morning before I went to work, expecting a bit of a wait for the download email, holy sh#t it came almost immediatly, nice work!
    Don't be a dink get some ink

Oliver is priceless. His tools, too.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by UnCommonGrafx View Post
    Oliver is priceless. His tools, too.
    Robert
    Thanks for the kind words.. much appreciated. There's lots more coming.. plus, a lot of the registered users have submitted new ideas for tools and feature requests... please keep them coming !

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast