Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: OD 2018 Tool Set Released - And Now OD 2019!

Added another little tool this morning. https://vimeo.com/347340973

Enjoy. Will be in the next update that'll get pushed out to all users today.

Nice little timesaver Oliver, thanks.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Top Dog
    Yes, very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by oliverhotz View Post
    regarding the modeler tools... Subdivide Curve has existed for a while as part of the ODToolset, and a curve to motion was added in OD2019 (poly to motion). Regarding any spline related stuff for layout, best to ask Michael Wolf and check out his Patreon as he's currently working on Layout spline related things. Regarding the nth select for items... can you provide a use case, on when you would use that ? The weight assignment based on part of bone, I believe already exists.

Best,
    Oliver
    thanks for the reply.

I will take a look at Subdivide Curve & Poly To Motion.

Could I put in a request to get the OD tools documentation fleshed out. Would be nice to have the Vimeo Video linked in the Docs page. Hard to find items in Vimeo.

Select Nth in this case, was where I wanted to select a lot of bones in a bone chain sequence, the assign a weight map to those selected bones.
    So 1st bone and every 4th bone got weight map 1, second bone and every 4th bone from that got weight map 2 etc.

Weight assign based on bone - I was meaning weight assignment in Layout based on bone name. So you could name your bones , for examples as

bone_01_wgt1
    _bone_02_wgt1
    __bone_03_wgt1
    ___bone_04_wgt1
    ____bone_01_wgt2
    _____bone_02_wgt2
    ______bone_03_wgt2
    _______bone_04_wgt2
    ________bone_01_wgt3
    _________bone_02_wgt3

and have the "wght1" be assigned weight map 1, wgt2 assigned weight map 2 etc...

On that note, someone needs to make an "Outliner" for layout, which shows hierarchies like this

bone_01_wgt1¬
    bone_02_wgt1¬
    bone_03_wgt1¬
    bone_04_wgt1¬

instead of

bone_01_wgt1
    _bone_02_wgt1
    __bone_03_wgt1
    ___bone_04_wgt1

when you have a large hierarchy, its gets ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by oliverhotz View Post
    Added another little tool this morning. https://vimeo.com/347340973

Enjoy. Will be in the next update that'll get pushed out to all users today.
    good one, nice to see Octane dev. From using LW 2019, I am concluding that it really is mandatory :/

What might be cool there, is to have an option to generate the Octane material and hook it up to the Surface, creating a standard material and hooking that up to the Open GL slot.

Take it one further and have it create a switch node, which would have the Principled Material and the Octane material branching from it.

A single button press in the Lightwave UI would flick between Octane materials and Lightwave materials. This is useful for export of the scene to FBX and other engines/applications or where you want to split rendering between the two from one scene file/single model.

I am thinking that it might allow for rendering back in LW 2015 if you have octane too, since the nodes would be retained?

cheers, great tools.
    Last edited by gar26lw; 07-10-2019 at 11:43 PM.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223