Thread: Tricaster MINI HDMI & 3Play Mini Integration

Newbie Member

Smile Tricaster MINI HDMI & 3Play Mini Integration

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to put together a proper HDMI workflow to integrate a Tricaster MINI HDMI & a 3Play MINI. It's easy on the SDI workflow cause you only need to put a BlackMagic Video Router between the Tricaster & 3Play.
    A possible solution is to put one 1 x 2 HDMI splitter for each camera signals. Putting HDMI to SDI to HDMI mini converters would be messy and expensive. Will appreciate your thoughts. Merry Christmas.
    Bing L. Lastrilla
    President
    JTJTi Digital Video and Radio
    S1-A Sunvar Plaza, Amorsolo St., Makati City
    Philippines
    Ph: +632-8445731 and +632-8440228
    Fx: +632-8161550 Mobile: 0917-5239460

Is the MINI on AE? If not, why spend the money to do all those conversions and splits? Just spend the money on AE and share inputs/outputs through AE. It would also make a lot less cables and things to setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio_TVPat1982 View Post
    Is the MINI on AE? If not, why spend the money to do all those conversions and splits? Just spend the money on AE and share inputs/outputs through AE. It would also make a lot less cables and things to setup.
    Pat, except for the brand-new 3P1 model, 3Play units cannot use NDI as an input, so the AE idea doesn't work unfortunately.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Just one slight correction - if I'm not mistaken, 440 and 4800 support NDI as inputs to the two DSKs (not to quibble with the main point).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Just one slight correction - if I'm not mistaken, 440 and 4800 support NDI as inputs to the two DSKs (not to quibble with the main point).
    This is true, but I want to make sure that people do not mistake what this means. The NDI input on these models is for DSK overlay only, it is useful for products like NDI Telestrator. The NDI input is not recorded for replay. For replay, you have to be using the physical inputs on the unit.

Only the 3P1 unit allows you to record NDI sources for instant replay.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Yep.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")