Thread: Activating the Camera

Activating the Camera

I have a message that has popped up on the tricaster that says.

The Selected Device can be used as an NDI Device. Please visit New.tk/ndihx to learn how to activate this device.

Ok whats the trick here. I have yet to find a place to register the cameras.
    Todd
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    geeknews@gmail.com
    http://geeknewscentral.com

TriCaster: TC1 / 860 AE / Mini AE

Here's the link on how to get yourself going with the NDIHX-PTZ1.

https://www.newtek.com/ndihx/products/ptz1/

The camera doesn't need to be registered but rather updated. Once you have updated the firmware you will then need to run the NDI-HX driver install so that you will be able to see the camera as an NDI source. Right now it sounds like you just need to run the NDI-HX driver install on the TriCaster and you will be set. The user manual is fairly in depth and followed step by step I have never run into an issue on installation. If you continue to have any problems please hit up customer support chat and they should be able to get you up an running.
    Sr. Director, Marketing Services
    NewTek
    San Antonio, TX

The 2x PTZ cameras had been updated already and I had been running them already in production including 2x spark devices. The message showed up on the two source screens when I started the session up. It was the weirdest thing. The only way I could get them to show up as NDI sources was bring the TC1 and the cameras down to cold iron. The 2 sparks where operating normally without the message. Of course this happened 20 minutes before I had a show production and freaked out over it.
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    geeknews@gmail.com
    http://geeknewscentral.com

TriCaster: TC1 / 860 AE / Mini AE

Quote Originally Posted by GeekNews View Post
    The 2x PTZ cameras had been updated already and I had been running them already in production including 2x spark devices. The message showed up on the two source screens when I started the session up. It was the weirdest thing. The only way I could get them to show up as NDI sources was bring the TC1 and the cameras down to cold iron. The 2 sparks where operating normally without the message. Of course this happened 20 minutes before I had a show production and freaked out over it.
    I've had this happen a few times to us as well. Usually only one of our cameras at a time, for sure right before we have to go live! Sometimes rebooting multiple times is required to fix it. I once plugged the camera to an HDMI input and suddenly it went back to working on NDI!? Strange thing is sometimes when it's not showing up in the Tricaster (i.e. showing the register message), it does show up in NDI studio just fine.