Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle

Frequenter
    Absolutely amazing, ...!
    I assume you have the real thing at hand? Or are you working solely with reference photos?

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    Absolutely amazing, Dirk!
    I assume you have the real thing at hand? Or are you working solely with reference photos?
    I wish I had the machine ... I only model with reference photos and watched some youtube videos to the motorcycle, from the videos I also take screenshots ... I do that to understand the shape of the objects until I realize it.

Cooling

...i did the cooling system today

fix

some errors fixed and some edgeloops added to the cooler

Fantastic thread. Keep the captures coming!
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

litle Updates today

thank you very much allabulle...

a few litle Updates to the Zylinderhead, Electriccase between carburettor covers, Oilfilter and the rear-wheel swing.

Footrest

going on with modeling...

Footrest and rear breakpedal

footrest, and rear break pedal segment complete...next i will go to the spokewheels

Frequenter
    Clearly a fan! :-)
    Out of curiosity: how does modeler bahave with this insane amount of subpatches?

Spokewheel

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    Clearly a fan! :-)
    Out of curiosity: how does modeler bahave with this insane amount of subpatches?
    thank you, oh the Modeler is doing well so far...it is still fast enough even at Subpatch level 5 all geometry.

Spokes rear wheel done so far...they need the clamping screws, but on the way...

Spokes

Spokes are done

tire first try

first try modeling the tire. Maybe i will do it a second time with lower poly, but the technique to model the tire tread as a flat template, bend this piece around x and z axis, clone it with the array tool around the pivot and connect the pieces together works fine so far

Thanks for doing these threads. They are inspiring.

By the level of detail and accuracy you put into it, I realize you may want to model every bit, for the challenge. That is understandable. Just wanted to mention it would be easy to get a fully realistic render of that tire with just a good texture set. It seems like you are running into exactly why it is usually done that way. It is a lot of geo just to add a few indents. If you plan to 3D print that is another story. Just my 2 cents.

It would be cool to hear your basic approach / thought process, when starting a new part. I find the hardest part of modeling for me is often figuring out the best starting place. One that doesn't cause you to regret it several steps later, as you realize you should have started another way. Interested to hear if you have developed a philosophy to break down the best approach for each part, or if you just play it by ear.

thx for your reply. Yes, you are right, the goal for me is to learn solving problems while modeling, without the use of plugins, or looking for software like modo and mesh fusion. its my own challenge to think it in 3d. As you can read at the beginning, my goal was to learn subpatch modelling and create clean meshes with good polyflow and avoid n-gons and tris. So because it is not a project for any client i will do this. When modelling is done i create a bumpmap in addition, to have more Options while rendering, so i know, that this is a easy way to realise the , but not my goal, as i said.

I know too, that the things i show here are not new to the most menbers here, but its a good way for me, to document the steps of my projects. Maybe this will go on to some tutorials one day, to better transport how i think things befor i begin to model. But i can say in most cases, i think about the Object, what is it in simple geo. and the biggest, or the main part of the simple geo -a box, or disk for example- is the starting point. In more complex situations some times i begin with a single quadpatch and extrude it along the longest axes. Some times i have (i think you mean this) more possible solutions and i have to try out, and some times i have to do things new, because of a better idea maybe...so i am inthere 100% and think abot it day and night , but this is the pure fun to me. So let me say again, yes there are ways to realise some things easier, but its my own challenge to learn how to solve problems.

Wip status Weekend

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast