Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 2018 Announcement - Discussion Thread

Question

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lightwave Sliders Mess.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	781.2 KB 
ID:	138803

I posted this earlier in this thread, but since the people behind Lightwave seem to be answering a few questions, can you tell me have the Sliders been updated? They've had these problems since Lightwave 8 (which when my first version of Lightwave)!
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

LightWave 3D homepage updated! Didn't see that. Neat!

https://www.lightwave3d.com/
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by oliverhotz View Post
    Regarding Substance Support..

I've got the substance support taken care of... I'll post a little vid maybe later, probably tomorrow... its nice..
    Some great tools you have developed, congrats! I like the pie menu and udim and substance export specially.

Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    We have tested LW 2018 with Substance painter and the resulting textures hooks nicely into the Principled BSDF shader. Oliver Hots ODToolset contains tools that expands the workflow between Substance and LW 2018.
    Thanks for the heads up. I meant native Substance support (ability to load sbars and work with the material parameters in LW etc.). However good to know that the textures work nice with the LW material system.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Some very nice renders Matt. I really like the glass / plastic / subsurface materials and volumetric renders alot. Not so convinced about metals yet.

I might still change my opinion based on the demo.

Sorry for my harsh words previously, I know you guys have a hard job to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Boland View Post

Name:	Lightwave Sliders Mess.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	781.2 KB 
ID:	138803

I posted this earlier in this thread, but since the people behind Lightwave seem to be answering a few questions, can you tell me have the Sliders been updated?
    No, they are the same currently
    UI Designer @ NewTek

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Not so convinced about metals yet.
    Blame my shading skills! They do look really nice!
    UI Designer @ NewTek

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I meant native Substance support (ability to load sbars and work with the material parameters in LW etc.).
    I think you should wait and see Olivers toolsets regarding Substance...
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Wasn't made as big a deal of as it should, but OpenGL got an update ...

Left PBROpenGL Mode / right VPR

Name:	OpenGL.png 
Views:	1216 
Size:	806.8 KB 
ID:	138804
    UI Designer @ NewTek

Marander you are a good dude. Thanks for your messages etc.

I've accepted that maybe LW is not the big hitter it once was but for $295 a lot has gone into this release, I'm really liking some of the new features implemented.

I still attest to LW3DG, if you can somehow get the magic of Chronosculpt into layout in regards to polygon counts, I once had 80 Million polys tumbling I kid you not, it would smash it out of the park.
    I'm always 100% right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Wasn't made as big a deal of as it should, but OpenGL got an update ...

Left PBROpenGL Mode / right VPR
    Awesome Matt, really good stuff.
    I'm always 100% right!!!

Yay! pretty exciting. I use lightwave 2015 almost every day, and to me, it doesn't feel like old software, sure there are things i think could be easier or i don't understand, or feel limited by, but it is one of the only 3D packages i feel like overall you just know how it works and how to get the image you want onto your screen. So not too worried about the long wait, and it has been such a cheap software package since that whole hardcore membership thing- (tho that has probably expired now and going back to full price)

Anyways, can't wait to see lightwave 2018! And have already been planning how i can use the new features already!

(if i have one request, please make the software have 2018 in it's name when you go to set default programs on pc, my computer gets so confused with the versions and always annoys me when i think this is running super weird and look up and it has loaded up lightwave 11 and half my nodes aren't working haha)

wow

Yes conversion from a standard material to PBR should be easy but like in other softwares will just give generic maps you will need to tweak which is fine. I'm curious about Octane Render and changes to the Node editor to allow PBR features to be used in Octane.

Great News, but we will need production samples!

-----
    FFX
    -----
    Show us some animated sample from FFX please.
    Fiber works great on static, but during animation it goes crazy, especially if we have some styling over it.

------------
    DEFORM STACK
    ------------
    We wanna see this in action, especially to correct shoulder and pelvis deformation on characters.

------------
    BULLET CLOTH
    ------------
    Any update?
    Last edited by silviotoledo; 12-12-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

I agree the only true issue I was having was how everything was going PBR and not have a good path into lightwave to take advantage of PBR. Of course others who know more and used it longer have their reasons to complain and I respect that to. But I had already decided to make the commitment to lightwave as my goto 3D software even if no other updates where made. And coodoos to NewTek for keeping the promise of not taking Lightwave into a subscription software.

Quote Originally Posted by dyls_E View Post
    Yay! pretty exciting. I use lightwave 2015 almost every day, and to me, it doesn't feel like old software, sure there are things i think could be easier or i don't understand, or feel limited by, but it is one of the only 3D packages i feel like overall you just know how it works and how to get the image you want onto your screen. So not too worried about the long wait, and it has been such a cheap software package since that whole hardcore membership thing- (tho that has probably expired now and going back to full price)

Anyways, can't wait to see lightwave 2018! And have already been planning how i can use the new features already!

(if i have one request, please make the software have 2018 in it's name when you go to set default programs on pc, my computer gets so confused with the versions and always annoys me when i think this is running super weird and look up and it has loaded up lightwave 11 and half my nodes aren't working haha)

I have a PBR importer dealing with those maps and automatically setting everything up. you just point it to a texture set... will show a video of that in the next days.. (with the choice of octane or lw material)

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast