Thread: Need Record Settings for TC1!

Need Record Settings for TC1!

I want to be able to record in H264 like with my Tricaster 410. You can only record in high quality on the Tricaster TC1 and export later (which is broken and doesn't even work right now). Please bring back this basic feature that used to be included! I know I can use the IsoCorder App but it does not work well for my workflow setting up a separate computer for just recording purposes. I film a lot of sporting events and need to be able to immediately pull games off of my Tricaster after the event.

Thank you!

Please note that H.264 recording is supported on TC1/VMC1 in the STREAM/ENCODE feature.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

EDIT: Question answered with Zane's informative video above! Can record TWO separate H.264 files, while also sending out TWO web streams. Nice!

Thank you

Jeff
    Last edited by JPulera; 12-08-2017 at 02:24 PM.
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Wow! I sure feel silly! I didn't realize you could click multiple check boxes in that encoding menu. Now I can stream to my 2 facebook pages, and create a H264 file. Thanks so much! And thanks so much for the immediate responses! I will definitely be utilizing these forums more in the future!

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    EDIT: Question answered with Zane's informative video above! Can record TWO separate H.264 files, while also sending out TWO web streams. Nice!

Thank you

Jeff

Why did you guys move the H.264 recording from the record button to the stream button? Doesn't make much sense. Very confusing to the people and student I have to train. My feature request would be to put this back to the record button / config in the next software update.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanharley View Post
    Why did you guys move the H.264 recording from the record button to the stream button? Doesn't make much sense. Very confusing to the people and student I have to train. My feature request would be to put this back to the record button / config in the next software update.
    Because the H.264 recording uses the streaming encoding engine to create the file. You have two encoders available to you, each with configurable resolution and quality settings. You can then chose to record those encoders to an h.264 file, all independent of the master recording.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber