Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 1,651 to 1,653 of 1653

Thread: ???news about lightwave 3d next???

I know when it comes to business it is not wise to sell a product at a loss at the expense of developing it in hopes future sales will make up for that loss. Some businesses do this but I can't see a scenario where Lightwave would become so amazing beyond other products that sales would surge far past what they are currrently. I think the wise approach is to continue to develop Lightwave and keep it as modern and useful as possible so it can be a profitable product for Newtek. I'm curious to see where things go from here. Sometimes everything comes down to money and time in business and I suspect some of those things may have come into play here but I guess we will never know for sure.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    Houdini, max, maya, c4d, blender never had good native renderers. They're not really in last place after all the years they sucked without a decent native renderer. Lightwave has always had a good native renderer. But its in last place. Makes you wonder....

The only thing newtek is capable of updating is the renderer because the coders they employ fulltime seem to be expert only on that part of lightwave.
    That modeller coder still open? Lol

I think it's more to do with the fact that rendering technology changes a lot.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    I know when it comes to business it is not wise to sell a product at a loss at the expense of developing it in hopes future sales will make up for that loss. Some businesses do this but I can't see a scenario where Lightwave would become so amazing beyond other products that sales would surge far past what they are currrently. I think the wise approach is to continue to develop Lightwave and keep it as modern and useful as possible so it can be a profitable product for Newtek. I'm curious to see where things go from here. Sometimes everything comes down to money and time in business and I suspect some of those things may have come into play here but I guess we will never know for sure.
    Indeed: no matter how clever LWG is, the coders working on other apps are JUST as clever, and possibly/probably better supported-- size alone almost guarantees this.

Except for Blender, LW certainly is a value leader.
    Last edited by jeric_synergy; 12-17-2017 at 01:48 AM.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111