Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TC1 H.264 Recording

Standard Edition products definitely don't have the twin encoder implementation. I thought AE did, but apparently not yet. (I work with a lot of models and versions, so it gets a little fuzzy at times, sorry).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Yes, it does get fuzzy, haha. All the more reason to move H.264 back to the "Record" button and configuration. Makes more sense from a user standpoint.
    Last edited by bryanharley; 04-18-2018 at 03:37 PM.

I've got an idea, which may be a dangerous thing. How about adding a big button at the top of the UI that is user assignable. The user could label the button as they wish and add a series of macros to do anything they wanted. Then one could make a "Begin Program" button that started streaming, recording etc. while still having an obvious (easy to train to use) button for the novice user. Add a feature so it would automatically execute at a particular time if desired.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, TC 8000, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, 3Play Mini, 3Play 4800, TS 100, TS 4000

No Worries Steve. It's all good!
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Quote Originally Posted by bryanharley View Post
    Yes, it does get fuzzy, haha. All the more reason to move H.264 back to the "Record" button and configuration. Makes more sense from a user standpoint.
    Hey my friend, could be worse, If I remember well in the earlies AE updates h264 was not implement due the high resources that it takes when record. i think if you explain your student that h264 first uses were for web content have more sense that it stay on the stream windows.

they are younger people always open to changes instead old people
    Last edited by alonso; 04-19-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Tricaster is the best thing that i've used since I played with my atari
    Gear Used:
    Tricaster: All 3Play:440
    Cam: JVC GY-HM600, GY-HM150U
    Facebook
    Twitter

Let's me try to make this as clear as it can be: the encoders used for File Capture are literally the same ones as used for streaming. If these were controlled in the Record group, enabling/disabling them would necessarily start and stop streaming too. That's a non-starter (no pun intended).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12