Thread: remoing creases from subpatch models?

remoing creases from subpatch models?

Yo guys ,
    Heres the thing, im going thru a tut - newteks latest Car Modeling.
    I just created the exhaust, and after i subpatched 2 polys like it said on the page before and then removed them and used extrender on the points like it says on this page:
    http://www.newtek.com/products/light...ar/index27.htm
    I noticed I got these 2 creases exactly in the same place of 2 points:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heres the wireframe shade shot:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I tried to get rid of em and to make the surface smooth by using weights on the points, spinning the polys and moving the points themselves. None of these have worked, ive also increased my patch divisions to 10 from 6 thinking it was an error but its still there :S. Any help to remove these creases will be appreciated. The model is subpatched.

that tends to show up wherever you have more than 4 polys sharing a particular point. Try spinning quads again, using one of those polys and one that's on the opposite side of the point. Also see if it actually renders that way, you might not need to worry about it.
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)

Thnx, but it didnt work since every other point in that area has 4 polys connected to them, but atleast now i know, any other way to get rid of it?

Just it is an opengl. Try a render which will looks so fine without creases.
    Last edited by thekho; 12-20-2003 at 07:15 PM.

Thnx guys, ur both right