Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V-Ray and Lightwave

A fast and reliable geometry engine, good instancing and weight maps painting in Layout along with Vray with its shaders could be attractive. Why not?

I don't know LightWave's sales numbers or the current amount of the userbase, and neither do most other people outside NT/LWGroup. So I can only speculate.

Our moods and speculations won't affect much the outcome of the current situation. I'm not sure things are going particularly brilliant, but I'll refrain myself from posting my uninformed concerns. My concerns are real, but still lack tangible and accurate data. So I don't think it would help. Beyond that I'd feel unmaturely venting. Other's perceptions may be different, and it's fine.

I take your comment with good humor, but I wasn't trying to mock your statements or any other's. I wanted to say that just in case. :-)
    Last edited by allabulle; 09-06-2017 at 03:11 PM.
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

For Corona support (to me) -

Hi Rob,

Thank you for contacting us. We are definitely interested in Lightwave as a platform, especially taking into account how many requests like this we are getting from its users, but currently we are focused on the development of Corona for 3ds Max, C4D, and Sketchup. Additionally we are making it Mac-compatible. Once the Lightwave development is started, we will announce it publicly, so currently the best idea is to track our social media channels such as Facebook page, forum, and blog. I will also save your email address and contact you once any news are available.
    "Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior." - Ed Catmull on Pixar creativity

Ahahahhahah!It's exactly the same answer...

Loke I said, polite answer, nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by rcallicotte View Post
    What are the semblance of opportunities someone might expect to see a V-Ray plugin for LW? Not sure about the status of the new LW. But, like the idea of seeing some decent plugins reinforced, so I'm asking. Please don't smother me in smashface.
    That is an old question, from the good old LW years (when was a popular software), and we all wanted LW to get to the next level. Vray right now would be an opportunity for Newtek to rescue Lightwave...
    Now if you love modeling in LW, here are some good options for your final render in your pipleline:

-sketchup+Vray
    -Modo+Vray
    -FormZ+Vray
    -Cinema 4D+Vray
    -Maya+Vray
    -3ds Max+Vray
    -Blender+Vray
    -Rhino+Vray

some of them have 30 days trial, including Vray trial.

"I miss modeling in LW, but I don't miss rendering in LW, I bet FPrime would be a good portal for Vray, who knows, maybe is too late"

Quote Originally Posted by BERSEKAEL View Post
    -Blender+Vray
    don't know about the others, but for this one it must be said, that since it does use the standalone
    version you don't have live previews... wich is imho a big throwback workflow wise.

Quote Originally Posted by BERSEKAEL View Post
    That is an old question, from the good old LW years (when was a popular software), and we all wanted LW to get to the next level. Vray right now would be an opportunity for Newtek to rescue Lightwave...
    Now if you love modeling in LW, here are some good options for your final render in your pipleline:

-sketchup+Vray
    -Modo+Vray
    -FormZ+Vray
    -Cinema 4D+Vray
    -Maya+Vray
    -3ds Max+Vray
    -Blender+Vray
    -Rhino+Vray

some of them have 30 days trial, including Vray trial.

"I miss modeling in LW, but I don't miss rendering in LW, I bet FPrime would be a good portal for Vray, who knows, maybe is too late"
    I'd like to see FPrime for LW again. I' buy that for a dollar (+several more)

Vray for LW? I think there is more chance of Peebler coming back to LWG, unfortunately.

Vray for lw would have been nice a few years ago. Its too late now CG isn't interested with lw.
    Redshift for lw is IMHO the only thing that could alleviate the slow renderer in lightwave 2018. Octane is there but its slower, too.
    I don't know if Juanjo is still interested in lightwave.
    Maybe just to support the remaining octane users.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12