Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NDI Tools 3.0

NDI Tools 3.0

This information was mentioned in anther location on the fourms, but though I would put up here.

A new version of NDIŽ Tools 3.0 has been posted. https://www.newtek.com/ndi/tools/ In addition to NDI 3, this version of Tools supports the new NDI Studio Monitor application which offers audio meters, alpha channel support, on screen graticules and the ability to force low bandwidth mode among other new features.

Also available is the new Access Manager application for turning on multicast support for NDI. Do be aware that you need IGMP Snooping support on your network switch to take advantage of this feature.

Have fun!
    Last edited by kanep; 08-17-2017 at 04:00 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thank you for the update and letting us know V3.0 is public.

Again I would like to request that you add some form of version tracking on the installer as well as with in some of the programs like an about page or something.

Thank you for the great tools!

Yeah, the VLC plugin documentation references an installer, but it's just a file in a plugins folder that doesn't seem to work when put in the proper place.

Some actual version tracking and documentation would be great! I'm not even sure if this is considered "beta" or not.
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #1
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #2
    Video Nerd

It is not beta. I'm using NDI Tools 3.0 with the VLC plug-in. Not what issue you are running into. Did you select the NewTek NDI in the video and audio output settings? After you make these changes, you need to exit and restart VLC Player.

Also, you need to be running VLC 2.2.x for this plug-in, VLC 3.x isn't compatible.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Looks like you may also need to run VLC as Administrator, too.

Maybe.

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Admin rights are not required to run the plug-in.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Very cool,

Studio Monitor Documentation?

Hi,

Is there any documentation for Studio Monitor? Specifically to be able to start it from cmd line.

Thanks kindly
    Blake

You can start it from command line. The default path to the application is.

C:\Program Files\NewTek\NewTek NDI Tools\Studio Monitor\Application.Network.VideoMonitor2.x64.exe
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Kane,

Thanks, that much I got I'm looking for what parameters it takes. I'd like to be able to start it specifying a source to load, location to place the window on screen and other parameters such as enabling low bandwidth, disabling borders etc such that on a reboot I can programmatically (via a batch file/script) restart required instances without having to manually re-layout all the required instances of studio monitor.

Thanks kindly,
    Blake

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    Blake,

We offer guidance and assistance on the advanced features of Studio Monitor thru our Professional Services group. Please ask your local NewTek dealer about this and they can put you in touch with Chris Waddington from our EMEA office to discuss this further.
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

I'll add the Studio Monitor does remember the last settings you used, so if you set it up as needed then call it from command line it will come back up that way. I don't know how to do it, but it is possible to do the other things you are asking, but need to work with Professional Services group.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    I'll add the Studio Monitor does remember the last settings you used, so if you set it up as needed then call it from command line it will come back up that way. I don't know how to do it, but it is possible to do the other things you are asking, but need to work with Professional Services group.
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it remembers the last session but when I have 4 sessions running it only remembers the last of the 4. How/where can I inquire further?

Thanks kindly,
    Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Condren View Post
    Blake,

We offer guidance and assistance on the advanced features of Studio Monitor thru our Professional Services group. Please ask your local NewTek dealer about this and they can put you in touch with Chris Waddington from our EMEA office to discuss this further.
    Hi Zane,

Thank you. Sorry, missed this just now. I have no idea who our local NewTek dealer is. My involvement with NewTek thus far has been NDI development and interacting mostly directly with Andrew. Do you not just have some documentation with regards the use of Studio Monitor?

Kind regards,
    Blake

The best way to get answers on development questions is to reach out thru the SDK program or send an email to [email protected].
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast