Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NDI Tools 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by tbimages View Post
    Do you not just have some documentation with regards the use of Studio Monitor?
    I regret to say that at this moment I am not aware of any docs for Studio Monitor, not least for its more esoteric application, sorry.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Condren View Post
    The best way to get answers on development questions is to reach out thru the SDK program or send an email to ndi@newtek.com.
    Hi Zane,

Thanks, was trying to resolve the query here before adding to their mail load. Andrew has answered my query directly. Thanks kindly

What are the command line options for Studio Monitor? Is there a configuration file for startup with specific parameters?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Pong View Post
    What are the command line options for Studio Monitor? Is there a configuration file for startup with specific parameters?
    Bumping this question, as I'm wondering the same. I'm aware that the upcoming 3.5 release may change things, but it would be good to see some info on this in future. Running studio monitor from the command line with "-help" or "/?" hasn't given me any clues!

You usually don't need command line arguments now. As before, each individual instance of SM you open retains its own config. One of the new settings menu options allows you to automatically run that instance Windows startup.

If you shift -double click the monitor it automatically adjusts its borders to fill the screen quadrant it is in, making it really easy to set up a quad view. It's cool to have virtual PTZ with Spark, and the Pip and Overlay options are great, but the real killer feature is the NDI kvm. It's a dream.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    You usually don't need command line arguments now.
    Thanks, Steve. This probably isn't a 'usually' case: We're looking at making a kind of source/layout selection front-end app, where you'd choose maybe between a quad split , full screen, or other layout. We'd want to launch multiple Studio Monitor instances to actually display the video., rather than reinvent that wheel.

I'm out of the office today, but if you send me an email we can get into more detail when I'm back.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

You usually don't need command line arguments now. As before, each individual instance of SM you open retains its own config. One of the new settings menu options allows you to automatically run that instance Windows startup.

If you shift -double click the monitor it automatically adjusts its borders to fill the screen quadrant it is in, making it really easy to set up a quad view. It's cool to have virtual PTZ with Spark, and the Pip and Overlay options are great, but the real killer feature is the NDI kvm. It's a dream.
    What does the NDI kvm allow you to control? Does it allow you to control audio, ddrs, M/E's, etc.?

Everything... Just like a hardware kvm. You can hardly tell you aren't on the host TriCaster.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Everything... Just like a hardware kvm. You can hardly tell you aren't on the host TriCaster.
    Is it designed to allow multiple people to work on the production (for example, doing the main mix at the Tricaster and doing an M/E mix in NDI KVM and maybe NDI KVM on another computer handling the DDR), or can you only control it from one place at a time? Is LivePanel better suited for something like that?
    Last edited by TheMissingLink2; 04-11-2018 at 12:46 AM.

As with a real KVM, Windows effectively supports one mouse, one keyboard. Multiple people can control these from different locations, but it does require coordination to avoid conflict. LivePanel does not co-opt the mouse and keyboard.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by roddyp View Post
    Thanks, Steve. This probably isn't a 'usually' case: We're looking at making a kind of source/layout selection front-end app, where you'd choose maybe between a quad split , full screen, or other layout. We'd want to launch multiple Studio Monitor instances to actually display the video., rather than reinvent that wheel.
    Write me to info@orfast.com I'll send you link to demo version.
    https://orfast.com/

Quote Originally Posted by roddyp View Post
    We'd want to launch multiple Studio Monitor instances to actually display the video, rather than reinvent that wheel.
    I'm not sure what reinvention you have in mind, but here's an example layout I made using SM instances for the docs. This entire setup could easily launch automatically when Windows starts, but if you want to switch from one layout to another it will be a little more involved.

I'm not certain whether command line args are supported, but each instance has its config written in indexed JSON files. With a little front end code, prepared sets of these config files could be used to launch a multiview layout, or close it and launch another.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	studio_monitor.multiview1.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	141165
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

It sounds like some of the features of Tools 3.5 are being discussed here.
    I've re-dowloaded the Tools Installers, but it looks like they're still version 3.0.
    I should add, I'm on a Mac just now. Is 3.5 only currently available on Windows? Or not publicly available yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RossMcIntosh View Post
    Is 3.5 only currently available on Windows? Or not publicly available yet?
    Not available at all, AFAIK.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast