Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Control for PTZ

Quote Originally Posted by fuelcreative View Post
    Hopefully some Mac OSX options soon but for now this is a working great.
    Perhaps Mark from Sienna will have an answer...
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Has anyone tried to use the PT-JOY IP Controller by PTZ Optics with the NewTek NDI cameras? I'm having trouble with the remote seeing the cameras over the closed network because ONVIF is not turned on. PTZOptics cameras have this checkbox in their network menu (off or on) but not on NewTek's version of their cams.

Anyone able to get this new controller to work with NewTek NDI robos? https://ptzoptics.com/ip-joy/

Here's the support page from PTZOptics on getting the process going. But NewTek doesn't offer that in their menu.
    https://help.ptzoptics.com/support/s...zoptics-camera

The only method of control supported on the PTZ1 is NDI.

I have personally tried controlling the PTZ1 using VISCA over serial and had success as well, but this method is not officially supported. As far as I'm aware there is no ONVIF protocol support on the PTZ1.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

NDI-PTZ1 (nor really, NDI period) does not use ONVIF, so I think the controller would need to explicitly support PTZ control over NDI (or perhaps 422). Perhaps you can ask PTZOptics whether they have plans to implement this in their controller.

Edit: ... morning, Kane.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Andrew Carlson
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelcreative View Post
    Thanks! I actually returned the XK-12 because I couldn't get it to work. Should have hung onto it! I was able to get a PS4 controller to work with Studio Monitor to control PTZ. Still takes some getting used to (especially focus control) but better than the GUI interface. I was never able to get an XBox controller to function correctly but the Playstation 4 controller was very straightforward. Sync the control with the laptop via Bluetooth and select it as the active control in Studio Monitor. i could sync the XBox controller but whenever I selected it in Studio Monitor the camera would move to 90 degrees and freeze. Hopefully some Mac OSX options soon but for now this is a working great.
    Are you able to calibrate the sensitivity PS4 controller through the Windows interface? I'm using a cheap USB dual stick controller off of Amazon and the stick controls are very sensitive. It is a varible speed but the range between slow and fast is VERY small.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    You can use a Windows USB joystick to control the NewTek PTZ1 using NDI Studio Monitor, not the TriCaster.
    Is this still true? I paired a bluetooth game controller (xbox one, specifically) with my TC Mini running Advanced Edition. It pairs fine, but I can't seem to get it to control NDI PTZ cameras connected to the TriCaster. The TriCaster GUI PTZ control functions, but is incredibly unwieldy, especially with the flipped tilt.

Seems strange that I'd have to connect to the cameras with Studio Monitor on another computer just to use something other than an official control surface or the frustrating GUI PTZ.
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #1
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #2
    Video Nerd

Nothing has changed in this regard.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

That's too bad. Any way to make the PTZ in the Mini function more like the TC1? Just being able to flip the tilt would be helpful.
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    Video Nerd

Rather than suffer with another Windows machine to run Studio Monitor on, I went ahead and ordered the Skaarhoj PTZ Fly:

https://www.skaarhoj.com/products/ptz-fly/

It's nice and small, but has a good weight to it too. PoE power for the single-cable life.

Setup was a little confusing at first, as it involves Skaarhoj's website and flashing configuration changes via USB, but I had it controlling all 4 of my NDI PTZ cameras within about an hour.

The joystick is very nice, smoothly moving the cameras with satisfying spring tension on every axis. The twist function for zoom control is nice, and the buttons are super intuitive for basic uses like saving/loading presets and changing exposure and other image settings.
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    Video Nerd

Andrew Carlson
    Quote Originally Posted by lukerctv View Post
    Is this still true? I paired a bluetooth game controller (xbox one, specifically) with my TC Mini running Advanced Edition. It pairs fine, but I can't seem to get it to control NDI PTZ cameras connected to the TriCaster. The TriCaster GUI PTZ control functions, but is incredibly unwieldy, especially with the flipped tilt.

Seems strange that I'd have to connect to the cameras with Studio Monitor on another computer just to use something other than an official control surface or the frustrating GUI PTZ.
    Yes, you have to use another stand alone computer. We use a laptop and set the Power setting to keep it on even with the lid is closed. We get it all set-up and then just close the lid of the laptop and set it aside.

Quote Originally Posted by lukerctv View Post
    That's too bad. Any way to make the PTZ in the Mini function more like the TC1? Just being able to flip the tilt would be helpful.
    Yep, AE3 has this option.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Flipbook Productions Rollie Hudson's Avatar
    "TC 460 Adv Edition 3 Question: We're working with a 450 Control Surface (CS450) with AE 3 and we can't get the joysticks to control more than one Panasonic PTZ camera (of 3). Our camera control within the TriCaster UI with a mouse works fine (Gear/Config/PTZ presets). No problems there. We just can't get our CS joystick to recognize each PTZ camera. We've updated the firmware on the PTZs and we've purchased and installed NDI HX drivers for each camera. We are trying combinations of SHIFT and CONTROL with the M/E buttons on the control surface but we are only able to control one of the PTZs via the Zoom button. Any suggestions for what the right control surface key combinations might be for getting it to correctly control our PTZs?"
    Mac OS X
    MacPro Workstations

Some CS features changed in AE3, to correspond with new features. (This is called out in the "What;'s New" doc, where we post advisories about this sort of change.) I just tested this here, and found that PTZ camera selection and control on a 450CS works just like it is described in the manual (Section 21,3,6). basically, you can put the joystick into "Follow Preview" mode, or you can manually designate a specific camera.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345