Thread: Option to reverse up/down of PTZ control (Panasonic) (TC1)

Option to reverse up/down of PTZ control (Panasonic) (TC1)

I am not an airplane pilot. I (and my staff) expect the camera to tilt up when we push up on the TC1 control panel joystick. I completely understand up means down to some people, including tripod camera operators. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE allow me somehow to change the joystick to up means up instead of down.

And please hurry with that option because I'm going to screw up 90% of my on-air moves without this option. Thanks.
    Tom F
    Academic Webstreamer, now with the TC1

Any solution to this problem?

Some cameras have this as a setting in the camera menu! You may already have a solution - though you may also have already looked there.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

My PTZ Optics camera also does this when I use the Tricaster internal controls. When I use NDI monitor it does not flip it.

Panasonic AW-UN70 have this behavior just when controlled through Tricaster TC1, otherwise is just fine. I cannot find any option in the Panasonic menu to solve this. I suppose that is a Tricaster issue...

the PTZ1 Newtek camera I have on loan has the inverse setup described above. Haven't had a chance to dig into camera settings to see if there is a way to reverse. I haven't looked up spec yet but I have to imagine the protocol uses simple thing such as +1 to vertical movement or -1. The control is the one who decides if it sends a +1 or -1. I could see a camera offering an inversion feature as well but yeah.