Thread: NDI Connect and TC8000

NDI Connect and TC8000

I am very new to this system. Just purchased and installed about 2 weeks ago and I'm training myself how to work everything using the video's provided by NewTek and others. Please forgive me for not knowing all the correct terminology.

So I have a TC 8000 connected to a 1gig switch along with a single workstation. I have NDI connect installed on the workstation (not PRO) and after I start the program and try to select an input source I only have a choice of [Black] or a hardware attached video source, which since I have none has provided me nothing other than black to send to my TC. I expected there to be a way to browse to my media on the workstation, there appears to be none.

Any training information I have found only refers to the PRO version. I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong and hoping someone can help or point me in the direction of some good training information about this version of NDI connect.

Software was downloaded today from NewTek's website so I'm assuming it is the latest version. I'm running a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit machine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

OFf the top of my head, I'm not sure the standard (non-Pro) version can show media. If that's so, try the VLC plugin if that's all you need to do.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

The free version of NDI Connect doesn't have media playback, you need the Pro version of Connect for that. As Steve mentions, VLC Player with the free NDI plug-in might be a solution, but that will not Autoplay like Connect Pro can, so if you need clips to start playback automatically when you take them to air, then you will need the purchase Connect Pro.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.