Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: a new script was born

Thank you !

oh thanks
    you are very fast, kanuso !

greetings from thuringia
    peter

ps. tippex for the last post : ist = is
    Last edited by PeT; 06-07-2017 at 06:31 AM.

Great Kanso, I have to maybe do some 12th century Undercrofts & Chapels

this will come in very handy...................... Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Thanks Kanuso. That's a lot of work to pass along to the LW community for gratis.

Took me a bit of fiddling to get the Help system to work but finally managed. It wasn't happy in my usual content folder for some reason so just created one as shown in the help file and it finally came together.

Only suggestion at this point is a wish to see UV mapping.
    I am trying to find out the deeper secrets of UV-Mapping. I think I have managed the UV-Thing as a cubic map. At the Moment I am crumbling around on "creating the texture-file" (a blank White tga with black lines from the map). This will take a while because the UV-things are new to me. I stuck in transfering the UV-Lines to the Image. I hope to manage this soon. This will be first done in a separate script. This script only manage arches. This has Advantages... because of the less complex work on only 1 geometry, the geometry can be more detailed.

So Long for now
    KANUSO

Are these python scripts or .ls ?
    I only ask as I'm on an older version of LW (still!!!)
    Montage Reel, Portfolio, PIN_01, Prime......«« go on, click on a link!

extension is .ls, so it's LWscript... should run on most LW versions.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

During work on nuArchitect V2.0 I discovered a Major bug. In creating doors with ring-type handle, the ring is destroyed. This is because the dotoroid-subroutine is completely Nonsens. In the 2.0 release this Routine is changed to maketoroid and this time with real creating code.

All Tabs in nuArchitect will become a separate script, so the requesters will be smaller and can have more Parameters. And there will be a new tab... UV-Map. And a script to write out a UV-Map as TGA, by simply select the map you want to save, enter the dimensions of the Image and click create.

Sorry for the bug
    KANUSO

Quote Originally Posted by 3dworks View Post
    just not getting the help system to work. on macs here...
    Hi again 3dworks,

at the Moment I'm working on the 2.0 Version of nuArchitect. It will become some Facelift and ... I hope better Support on MAC-Systems. As I spoke to a MAC user (I realy don't know much MAC-users), I think the reason why some parts does not work on MAC is because the filesystem don't use backslashes. So during the build of the path, nuArchitect uses backslashes. The new Versions will use the right fileseparators. If the script discovers a MAC, than no backslashes are used.

The only handycap I have with this is: I can't test....

greetings
    KANUSO

Thanks, very useful.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by KANUSO View Post
    Hi again 3dworks,

at the Moment I'm working on the 2.0 Version of nuArchitect. It will become some Facelift and ... I hope better Support on MAC-Systems. As I spoke to a MAC user (I realy don't know much MAC-users), I think the reason why some parts does not work on MAC is because the filesystem don't use backslashes. So during the build of the path, nuArchitect uses backslashes. The new Versions will use the right fileseparators. If the script discovers a MAC, than no backslashes are used.

The only handycap I have with this is: I can't test....

greetings
    KANUSO
    dear kanuso, just send me a private message if you want me to test the new version on macs :-) or contact me on skype or via email. nice to see this gem under development! cheers markus
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

There is a bug in the helpfiles.
    All selection orders are "CLOCK WISE". The DOC's say "Counter clock wise"... this is wrong.

Sorry for that.

KANUSO

Hi Kanuso!
    Just wondering, will there be a version for us MAC users as your script looks great!?

Quote Originally Posted by daforum View Post
    Hi Kanuso!
    Just wondering, will there be a version for us MAC users as your script looks great!?
    the existing version works already well on macs, just the help system need to be loaded manually as html file and some presets need to be reloaded manually...
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Thank you 3dworks, i thought with all this talk of 'things not working as well on Mac like they do on Win version' etc
    i got worried that we ( Mac-ers ) wouldn't be able to join in with the fun!

Hello, especially the MAC users,

I am on the work to get the MAC Problems fixed. It's a bit working on a tightrope without a safety net. But Markus from 3dworks has offered to akt as tester. So I am looking Forward to get answer on my private message I have sent.

I will describe the changes on Version 2 of nuArchitect:

Every tab of nuArchitect will become a separate script. The reason why this is necessary is to build in a UV-mapping. There was not enough place to do this in a single requester.

Every single script will get a MAC-detection during Startup so the MAC-things can be handled. I hope Markus from 3dworks will help to make the MAC things work.

All Scripts will be able to handle UV-mapping (but with no high AI, so not all results may satisfy everybody).

All UV-Maps can be saved as TGA (incl. Alpha channel) to give you a possibility to get Hand on the textures. I do not understand why this is not build in tinto Modeler, but thats something we must live with. So in the future you can save UV-Maps at last as TGA. The scriptbundle will include nuUV2TGA which will do this Job.

So at the Moment I am deep in the works.

So Long
    KANUSO
    Last edited by KANUSO; 07-07-2017 at 05:58 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast