Thread: Stuck at "Connecting..." message on Video monitor tool

Stuck at "Connecting..." message on Video monitor tool

Hi,

On one of my PCs, I cannot send or receive anything. Video monitor shows the available source but when I try to connect to it, I only get the "Connecting..." message without the connection getting established. It does not work even if I run Test patterns on the same PC.
    On my other PC, everything is fine. I can connect any source to the Video monitor tool. However, if I run Video monitor on this one and Test patterns on the other, the connection is not working.
    I guess it must be a network setup problem, but even if I switch off the firewall it does not help.

Both PCs run Windows 10 64-bit Home and the latest NDI SDK.

Tips would be appreciated.

In Windows what kind of network does it say you are connected to? Public or Private? It should be Private.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

It is set to Private.

"Breaking news": Now it works. I swear I haven't changed anything. Maybe the router is playing games with me.
    Last edited by aronsatie; 05-26-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Once again I am having problems. I have two PCs on a network, connected to the same router. I am testing connections with Test Patterns and Studio Monitor.
    Running Studio Monitor on either PCs show all possible sources correctly, however, it seems data sent by Test patterns on PC1 produces only black on Studio Monitor run on either PCs. Test Patterns sent from PC2 is received correctly on both PCs. I tried everything from disabling Firewalls to switching Multicast sending on or off, nothing changes the situation.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Are these PC a laptop with dual GPUs?

I my laptop, I set the nVidia card to always be the preferred graphics processor. Just something to check if you have a similar configuration.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

One is a laptop and the other is a desktop, both using a single NVidia as the preferred GPU. If Test patterns is running on the desktop, it is not received on either PCs. Test patterns run on the laptop is received on both.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Are these PC a laptop with dual GPUs?

I my laptop, I set the nVidia card to always be the preferred graphics processor. Just something to check if you have a similar configuration.
    I have a laptop with dual GPU's (Nvidia and Intel). I haven't noticed any issues with the NDI tools on it, but is it still best if I set it to always use the Nvidia card when running the NDI tools?

I can't believe it depends on the GPU. However, I still can't 'send' from my desktop. All receives list the desktop as a potential source, but only show black when connected.