Thread: tricaster Mini Camera Freezes up

Post tricaster Mini Camera Freezes up

I have a Mini HD4 and it freezes in tc mode using virtual sets within an hour or two. It starts to lag and then locks up totally after 90 minutes roughly. I have sent the unit back for repairs and testing report NO FAULTS with the unit. I use a Canon Vixia and also tried the new Go Pro 5 with the same results of freezing up.

Can anyone think of why the mini might be locking up or suggest an HDMI Camera that seems to be compatible and work well with the MIni ? Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    Joe
    Last edited by superjoe; 05-16-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Hi Joe,

Which Session setting, like 1080i or 720p60?

Which TriCaster software version are you running? In the Live UI, press ALT-B and it was give version number at top of screen.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    Hi Joe,

Which Session setting, like 1080i or 720p60?

Which TriCaster software version are you running? In the Live UI, press ALT-B and it was give version number at top of screen.

Thanks

Jeff
    Thank you Jeff for your response,
    I have tried many setting, including 180i & 720. I am using the Advanced Edition software.
    I have tried to synchonize the camera setting to the same setting in the TC, to no avail. I also have done a factory reset, but no success. It wasn't until I started making longer videos of more than an hour, that this problem was revealed. The memory indicator shows I am not using very much at all. The unit is not overheating as it is well ventilated and used in a below 70 degree environment. Could the issue be related to the MONITOR I use which is plugged into the TC?
    Very frustrating situation.

Which AE version? I have Mini AE and am running 4_0_170313 and it's working well.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    Which AE version? I have Mini AE and am running 4_0_170313 and it's working well.

Thanks

Jeff
    My TC Mini is in route back to me from repair. Sorry I can't provide exact details. I am going to do a loop back test when the unit arrives to see if that is working.

The tricaster mini was not able to remain stable running through a Belkin power strip. The FIX was to simply connect the mini power cord DIRECTLY into the wall. I would think many users have likely run into this problem...my mini would freeze up.