Thread: Talkshow VS1000 V2 questions

Talkshow VS1000 V2 questions

Ok, I just loaded the new update to talkshow V2 and have some questions

1 - Is there any way for Talkshow TX to auto login to a certain account?

2 - In TX software , when setting the resolution, 720 30p is the only option available, but in the Talkshow software I can select any resolution. Which one is correct?

3- when trying to rename the talkshow (the NDI name), it never sticks, even after I restart it.

I'm assuming the was forced from Skype because the old software is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by sacarmic View Post
    Ok, I just loaded the new update to talkshow V2 and have some questions
    1 - Is there any way for Talkshow TX to auto login to a certain account?
    The Skype TX software requires login in each time it is launched.

2 - In TX software , when setting the resolution, 720 30p is the only option available, but in the Talkshow software I can select any resolution. Which one is correct?
    They both kind of are. In the TalkShow software, you are selecting the resolution of the video output from the system. In the Skype TX controller software you are dealing with the format that the Skype protocol is working at. The Skype protocol works up to 30fps. However, normal 720p is 60fps, so the Skype signal is scaled and frame rate adjusted to fit the video output selected in the TalkShow software.

3- when trying to rename the talkshow (the NDI name), it never sticks, even after I restart it.

I'm assuming the was forced from Skype because the old software is much better.
    I'm assuming you are talking about the name at the top of the interface? That is the computer name. Change the name of the computer and that will be what is used.

The new update makes Skype TX compatible with the new protocol changes occurring in Skype this year. At some point the older software will not work. Other that automatic login for the Skype TX control software, I'm not sure what makes the older software better. I'll admit it is different, but the new software is more flexible (especially with audio) once you get into it.
    Last edited by kanep; 03-24-2017 at 11:36 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Looping back to this in late 2018 and point number 3 still isn't actually in the manual. Can the please be added to the documention, this forum shouldn't act as a documention source.

Easiest way to find out why something doesn't work in Newtek land site:forums.newtek.com *Insert keyword*. I'd even settle for the infrequently updated knowledge base.