Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error on startup

Error on startup

We have reinstalled AE V1 twice on 2 different machines and we keep getting this error - Unknown: Reg Key="Branding"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9390.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	136014

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    For the moment ignore this message. It happens when Internet Explorer got updated.
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Condren View Post
    For the moment ignore this message. It happens when Internet Explorer got updated.
    I'm getting this same error message. Is there any way to get rid of it? I even rolled back Internet Explorer to the old version and it's still popping up.

I assume this will be fixed in a future software update. For now, just disregard as it's a single mouse click to skip over the nag screen

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Unfortunately, this nag screen is not as innocent as it appears. If you don't quickly press "Remind me later" button, it actually stalls and hangs Tricaster software up to the point that the hard reboot is sometimes necessary. So, please, solve this issue asap. Many thanks.

I have the same problem. Can someone from NewTek intervene? This problem has been waiting a long time for an update.

This has been fixed long ago, please update to the latest software applicable to your system.
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

STill Has error on startup

Tried updating TC 8000 to latest Standard version today 2-6-190506 and noticed that still had error due to IE 11 update. Contacted tech support again regarding issue and was told issue has not been resolved and they were not sure when it would be resolved.
    As mentioned to tech support it would be nice to at least have the option to not show the error box when it pops up as anytime entering or exiting the software the error box pops up. I was told over a year ago this was being fixed in a update and seems to persist from messages I've read. It would be nice for Newtek to resolve this issue

Are you actually seeing the same error message reported by the OP (Unknown: Reg Key="Branding"), or are you referring to somethign different? Can you post a screenshot of the error message, and do you have a support ticket # so I can inquire about this?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Error due to IE 11 update

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Are you actually seeing the same error message reported by the OP (Unknown: Reg Key="Branding"), or are you referring to somethign different? Can you post a screenshot of the error message, and do you have a support ticket # so I can inquire about this?

Hello!
    I have the same problem. I upgraded my Tricaster several times as Zane Condren suggested a month ago, but the problem still persists. I'll send you a screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error due to IE 11 update.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	145191  

I'm out of the office today, but will pass this info to QA and see what they know about the issue.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

STill Has error on startup

Yes it's the same error (Unknown: Reg Key="Branding"). Sorry no support ticket number as support was through "Chat". The other issue when upgrading software version was I didn't have labels on Program or Preview buttons. That was caused by the video card driver required update which would be good info to put into the Release Notes for the software update. Thank you for looking into this matter

I also had problems with labels on Program or Preview button, which was fixed when I update the video card driver. Still remains the error: Error due to IE 11 update

Quote Originally Posted by MariF View Post
    I also had problems with labels on Program or Preview button, which was fixed when I update the video card driver. Still remains the error: Error due to IE 11 update
    Your screenshot depicts a different message. Can you add that one, too, please?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Error Program - Preview button

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Your screenshot depicts a different message. Can you add that one, too, please?
    Hi!
    Here's the screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error Program or Preview button.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	145193  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast