Thread: CharacterWorks Scorebug

CharacterWorks Scorebug

Anyone have any positive or negative experiences using CharacterWorks as a scorebug for a Tricaster? Right now I currently just use AE Livetext to pull Daktronics score data but am looking to make things a little flashier and love the potential I'm seeing with CharacterWorks. Are you able to pull Daktronics score data and integrate/automate through CharacterWorks?

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by ctc2010 View Post
    Anyone have any positive or negative experiences using CharacterWorks as a scorebug for a Tricaster? Right now I currently just use AE Livetext to pull Daktronics score data but am looking to make things a little flashier and love the potential I'm seeing with CharacterWorks. Are you able to pull Daktronics score data and integrate/automate through CharacterWorks?
    Amazingly powerful and affordable software when you look at what other products it measures up against. If you can afford a Chyron IP, Vizrt, or even Expression, and need compatibility, then go that route sure. If you are looking as you say, something flashier but still affordable, then go CharacterWorks.

We have successfully pulled Daktronics data in demos to our clients. If you have it working in the AE LiveText input now then it can work easily in Characterworks. The XML input power of CharacterWorks is simply amazing. The only thing better is their customer service.

Just like anything new, there will be a learning curve, but once you are past the curve, your imagination and creativity is the only thing holding you back. If you would like to discuss it more on the phone or via email, feel free to contact me at jef at pizazz dot com.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI