Thread: SE crash when selecting "render"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SE crash when selecting "render"

My copy of SE is installed on a Windows 7 partition and has worked fine for quite a while. Last week, after completing a project, I tried to render something. When selecting the "render" command, the render window started to come up and then crashed SE. I tried different clips and projects, but the same thing happened every time. I reinstalled the SE software and also got the same result. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Are you rendering with the same codec each time?

If it is one of the NewTek codecs you could try reinstalling the NT Video Codecs.

Also running a virus check and adware check may clean up something.

Which version of SE? I'm on Windows 7 and I had problems with 2.6 and had to stick on 2.5.

The program crashes as the render window starts to load and before I can select a codec. I've been using v.2.6 for quite some time (over two years) and haven't had any problems until this showed up. My workstation isn't connected to the internet so a virus shouldn't be an issue. I'd like to try another install but I remember there was one of the updates to be avoided. Do you remember the install order of the software and the updates?

Problem solved! Turns out it was probably a Windows issue. The problem originally showed up after a Windows update and was corrected after a second Windows update.

Glad you got it sorted.

I don't have the install order in my head. I'd have to search to forum for it. But its in there somewhere

Thanks. If you find the order let me know as I may try to install it on another computer.