Thread: "Rolling Script"

"Rolling" LScript

I'm not sure if there is already a freely available plugin or LScript that does this, but here is my version. A couple days ago I saw a request for an expression that would automatically roll a ball as it moved along its animation path. The expressions that I found by the links that were posted only worked if the ball was moving along a single axis at a fixed rate of speed. I submitted the first version of this LScript later that same day. Tonight I've tweaked it a little more and here is the current set of features:
    • Correctly calculates rolling angle for motion in all directions and with varying speeds.
    • Saves settings with the scene file.
    • Gives choice of which rotation axis to use.

This works especially well for wheels or balls that are alligned to the path.

Attached is the LScript contained in a zip file.
    BTW, If anyone can tell me how to output an LSC file instead of an LS, I would appreciate it. I don't mind this one being open-source, but for future reference, I would like to know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mattbolton; 12-15-2003 at 12:02 PM.

there is a plugin called LSCompiler. it's a generic. use that to compile your stuff into lsc.
    "The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation." - C.S. Lewis