Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2016 - do we still exist?

Lightwave 2016 - do we still exist?

What's happening? No news anymore...please give us something....

Hope to hear something soon!

Freddy

https://vimeo.com/185320136

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberfish_Fred View Post
    What's happening? No news anymore...please give us something....

Hope to hear something soon!

Freddy

https://vimeo.com/185320136

I hope we will be able to try Lightwave Next before the arrival of Niburu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqtXRXbIA74

Yep all getting a bit boring now.

Would be great to see it released before the nuclear winter seeing US having the finger constantly on bang switch.

I am thinking about starting a questionable thread, it may be called, " is lightwave 2016 coming soon? " or something like that.
    Isn´t if fair to say now that 2016 is probably a Miscarriage for this year.

The only info about lw release is from fb.
    One user saying its close after talking to newtek support. Then Lino comes in saying its not and stop spreading that news.

Its probably a long way to go. According to some posts the goal is removing the old renderer and making the new renderer completely replace and support all of lightwaves functions, if that's even possible on its initial release.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be like Core, too early, or XSI, too late.

I don't understand why there is a dead silence around the LW development all of a sudden. First they create blog which suggest LW is alive and then.... nothing. What could be the reason? Why would you show off new stuff and then when people start asking questions be dead silent? My point of view is that it's normal to ask questions about a product you use and then get an answer. Maybe it's not the answer you wanted but at least it's something. So what if the answer to threads like this is "you have to wait a few months". It's something. The thing is that if I hear nothing at all a start to get worried a bit. I'm thinking they might have some trouble with shareholders or stakeholders or any thing. They could forbid communication to us users for example. I think that's why we don't hear anything. If you can keep a silence like this there must be a lot at stake if it was otherwise they would have shown us little goodies don't you think?

Just my speculation..

Newtek needs to really work double time.

Modo 10.2 is around the corner.
    https://www.thefoundry.co.uk/about-u...0-2-is-coming/

Holy cow already another modo release? And the release date is in 10 days!

- MeshFusion improvements
    - Procedural modeling improvements
    - Faster rendering and playback performance
    - Auto retopo
    - etc...

Sounds great and even 40% off for new seats (for 7 days, this is what I would consider a proper sale).

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    Newtek needs to really work double time.

Modo 10.2 is around the corner.
    https://www.thefoundry.co.uk/about-u...0-2-is-coming/

is there a LightWave 2016 ?
    i'm assuming it will launch as LightWave 2017.

yes, Modo is nice, but it's also sometimes not so nice. Depends on what one would want.

as for the LW launch, we need to start a betting contest.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    The only info about lw release is from fb.
    One user saying its close after talking to newtek support. Then Lino comes in saying its not and stop spreading that news.

Its probably a long way to go. According to some posts the goal is removing the old renderer and making the new renderer completely replace and support all of lightwaves functions, if that's even possible on its initial release.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be like Core, too early, or XSI, too late.
    the renderer was already done, Rob had already stated all the stuff they were showing on the blog would be things that were already working and in Lightwave, what he said they were going to try and work on was a way to get old assets to come across as painless as possible but that area was less of a priority, everything else after that was to improve what was already working at that time
    Intel i7 5960X Extreme, Asus Rampage V extreme, 3x 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GTX970, 32GB DDR4 2666 corsair dominator
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

We have considered the comments from those of you who have expressed concern for upgrading based solely on my promises and no real evidence of substantial advancements in the LightWave architecture and systems. So, I would like to share with you some quick render samples that have been created showing our completely new rendering, shading, and volumetric engine which will be part of the next LightWave release.

This is not some form of reworking of the old render engine but it is an entirely new physically based render “PBR” engine. Complete new GI, materials, and lights are part of this new system as well. To be clear, this is not some planned future technology, but it is now implemented in LightWave.
    Starting this week we will launch a new blog sharing more details on this and other LightWave developments. However, I wanted to share a little more than a sneak peek with you now to help those who have expressed their desire to see something “real”.

quoted from the thread, "now implemented" and that was over a year ago.
    Intel i7 5960X Extreme, Asus Rampage V extreme, 3x 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GTX970, 32GB DDR4 2666 corsair dominator
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

What is this, like the 20th thread of "Where is Lightwave - Any news?". My advice to anyone still in limbo "waiting" is to check out other software while "waiting". There are demo or learning editions of most other 3D software available. You could be spending this "waiting" time learning Maya, C4D, Modo, Houdini, 3D Max and even Blender.

Since the LW3DG has been this quiet this long it leads one to wonder and speculate that something beyond software issues is the problem. So it would be a good idea to get familiar with other software even if you still plan to use Lightwave.

Well I have already started my new project. I had given myself a deadline for the new Lightwave. I really wanted to use it for the new project, but that will not happen now. I will use another tool, and it probably won't be a hard guess which one. After that? I don't know.. I will probably still pick up the new version (because I like Lightwave) and use it personally, but for projects? I don't know... this lack of communication is troublesome.

Sigh. These threads are so effing useless, at least IMNSDHO.

Are you guys busy out there making money with LW 2015.3? Do you have issues that are cutting into your revenue stream? Let's try to use these kinds of threads to address those, shall we?

By the FSM, the current incarnation of LW is getting the job done, keeping my mortgage paid and my family fed. What more can one ask? Maybe I'm a mercenary besmirching the artistic purity of somesuch, but dayum (to use the Southern vernacular of my upbringing). I love new toys. I love having fun and improved workflows handed to me for a really modest fee (have you paid for some of the other add-on upgrades lately? Aieee), but at some point I have to rein in the horses and take stock: What the actual F*%#? The new version will be here when it gets here. Hopefully you will be so overwhelmed with production work you don't really care, because you're too smart to change software versions mid-production; right?
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast