Thread: The bullet dynamic engine...Properties?

The bullet dynamic engine...Properties?

Isnīt it bit confusing and weird that the way the bullet engine is implemented, itīs a complete different philosophy against the old hit "p" for properties, I am often finding myself hitting p for the properties when there is none, I really wish the could add acess to the bullet dynamics through the "p" shortcut.

On my side I tend to get the workflow a bit disprubted.

Anyt thoughts about this?

Michael

Yep a lot of things like this need to be addressed. The one that gets me is pressing the "n" key to bring up the "numerics" for the Perspective Match tools in Layout - that one cracks me up. I guess they are planning ahead for modeling tools in Layout.

I also would like to see forces being able to be parented to follow the object it is parented to, to make a real thruster force that only affects the object parent and the nearby radius it is set to.

Michael

The whole plugs in 30 places issue needs to be addressed. I think the panel they added is good for mass editing issues, but I think that everything added to an object needs to be viewable in one scene graph. It is one of the huge shortcomings at this point imo. Also, when you see how flocking is implemented it just makes things even worse. The flocking has its own pannel like bullet, but also adds plugs to the geometry tab like regular dynamics.... yet you can't add them from the dynamics tab like regular dynamics.... it is a mess. I agree with you that in its current state it would have been better to have bullet, flocking, and the old dynamics all able to be added from the properties dynamics tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charming View Post
    The whole plugs in 30 places issue needs to be addressed. I think the panel they added is good for mass editing issues, but I think that everything added to an object needs to be viewable in one scene graph. It is one of the huge shortcomings at this point imo. Also, when you see how flocking is implemented it just makes things even worse. The flocking has its own pannel like bullet, but also adds plugs to the geometry tab like regular dynamics.... yet you can't add them from the dynamics tab like regular dynamics.... it is a mess. I agree with you that in its current state it would have been better to have bullet, flocking, and the old dynamics all able to be added from the properties dynamics tab.

I agree.
    And Yeah...the Flocking system is probably the one of the newer features I really donīt like, both how you use it... and how it seems to perform and what options there are for more advanced AI movement.

My most liked would probably be instancing.

with the old wind fx, you can parent any wind source to a moving object, and it can serve to push particles around nearby, Not possible today what I know of with bullet ...that is yet something they need to implement with bullet enhancements.

The old system is 10x more usefull than flocking. There is no way they can phase it out without doing a lot of work. It would be nice if we could keep the old system but have particle collision and hard fx use bullet. That would really make me happy. Some of the things that are possible with the old system actually surprise me.... as you said... the winds are extremely well done and versatile. I use them for so much... and there is nothing that can even come close to replacing them at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charming View Post
    The old system is 10x more usefull than flocking. There is no way they can phase it out without doing a lot of work. It would be nice if we could keep the old system but have particle collision and hard fx use bullet. That would really make me happy. Some of the things that are possible with the old system actually surprise me.... as you said... the winds are extremely well done and versatile. I use them for so much... and there is nothing that can even come close to replacing them at this point.
    +1 on that too..
    will see about what happens in that area.