Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 489

Thread: New Blog Post: The Modifier Stack.

  1. #1
    TD/Animator lino.grandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    1,699

    New Blog Post: The Modifier Stack.

    Please let's discuss the Modifier Stack here!

    Link to the New post!
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

    https://www.lightwave3d.com/

    LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

    My YouTube Channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    14,718
    Very exciting! Now we'll have the possibility of find just the correct order, which has plagued me in the past, only to find it was not even possible.

    I do worry about the NUMBER of possible combinations.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

  4. #4
    Good job.
    And all being a modifier means you can add multiple instances of subdivision, etc.
    I just don't get where you set the displacement to be after animation and before, for example. Must be in the modifier UI (?)
    Last edited by probiner; 12-18-2015 at 12:59 PM.

  5. #5
    Thanks, Lino.
    So those vertices are animated by new deformer or existing FX tools?

  6. #6
    Lead Character Artist kfinla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Insomniac Games Burbank
    Posts
    1,112
    Very Exciting stuff! Were you editing the corrective morph on the delt in Layout or Modeller ? Watched again looks like Layout
    Last edited by kfinla; 12-18-2015 at 12:56 PM.

  7. #7
    Super Member JohnMarchant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Murcia, Spain
    Posts
    2,767
    Oh im so glad to see you little modifier stack, where have you been all my life. Well since i left using AD products.

    Looks good Lino
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

    LightWave 2018.4

    Very nice Laptop

  8. #8
    TD/Animator lino.grandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    1,699
    Quote Originally Posted by probiner View Post
    Good job.
    And all being a modifier means you can add multiple instances of subdivision, etc.
    No, Morphing (where you can assign an object as a morph target) ,Bone and Subdivision modifiers can only be applied once in the same stack. You can have multiple instances of all the others.

    Quote Originally Posted by probiner View Post
    I just don't get where you set the displacement to be after animation and before, for example. Must be in the modifier UI (?)
    Displacement can happen before or after any deformation or subdivision. The "After Motion" that was present in the Subdivision Order in 2015 makes no sense anymore.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Very exciting! Now we'll have the possibility of find just the correct order, which has plagued me in the past, only to find it was not even possible.

    I do worry about the NUMBER of possible combinations.
    Oh, don't be too worried. That's very logical (please take time to read the post!) and will be widely explained in the video tutorials that will be released with the final product.
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

    https://www.lightwave3d.com/

    LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

    My YouTube Channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

  9. #9
    TD/Animator lino.grandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    1,699
    Quote Originally Posted by VermilionCat View Post
    Thanks, Lino.
    So those vertices are animated by new deformer or existing FX tools?
    What you can see in the video is EditFX, yes.
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

    https://www.lightwave3d.com/

    LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

    My YouTube Channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

  10. #10
    Is this Lightwave2016?

    Somewhere, over the rainbow....

  11. #11
    TD/Animator lino.grandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    1,699
    Quote Originally Posted by kfinla View Post
    Very Exciting stuff! Were you editing the corrective morph on the delt in Layout or Modeller ? Watched again looks like Layout
    Yes, the corrective morphs were created in Layout, so I could see the effect on the deformed object in real time.
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

    https://www.lightwave3d.com/

    LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

    My YouTube Channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

  12. #12
    Thank for the details Lino! Shame no multiple subdivision but I understand it's not a pure "deformer".

    Can you screenshot what you used to copy point positions? Just wanted to know if something that we can have multiple instances of and link to several meshes and not just one since multiple delta link is something I use in other software.

    Cheers
    Last edited by probiner; 12-18-2015 at 01:06 PM.

  13. #13
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    14,019
    Great stuff lino...great to see enhancements of mesh editing tools in layout..and as a side note reflection, I like the UI tab changes, one could of course change that oneself..but I think it´s more appropiate with a tab called model than modeler tools..whatever is hidden in that tab remains to be seen

  14. #14
    TD/Animator lino.grandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    1,699
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    Oh im so glad to see you little modifier stack, where have you been all my life. Well since i left using AD products.

    Looks good Lino
    Thanks!
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

    https://www.lightwave3d.com/

    LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

    My YouTube Channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

  15. #15
    TD/Animator lino.grandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    1,699
    Quote Originally Posted by probiner View Post
    Lino can you screenshot what you used to copy point positions? Just wanted to know if something that we can have multiple instances of and link to several meshes and not just one since multiple delta link is something I use in other software.

    Cheers
    Not home at the moment. But I can tell you we have now a new dedicated node able to do this and more. Our Jarno van der Linden made an amazing job with both the Modifier Stack and some awesome new nodes.
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

    https://www.lightwave3d.com/

    LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

    My YouTube Channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •