Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prominence, a science-fiction adventure game built with LightWave

Looks great - I've shared your links with a bunch of gaming nerds, good luck
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Wow! Thank you for the kind words and the shares. As indie developers, we need all the support we can get!

If anyone is interested, we just released a new Developer Chat today. Two-time Clio Award-winner Tom Griffith and I take an extended coffee break to chat about the Prominence soundtrack development, the origins of Old Letarri for the choir, the foley sessions, the voice-actor casting/auditions, and more.

https://youtu.be/-N0_WfDiM6g

We have a Dev Chat about the art that's already recorded, where I sit down with one of the concept artists. We'll probably release it during or just after the holidays. It swims a little bit closer to spoiler territory because it digs into design of various areas in the game, so we wanted to delay it a bit.

Hi there, I have 2 questions. Will it be available through steam only ? Do you plan to release a demo vesrion ? I'd like to try it on Mac through Wine/Wineskin.

Currently, it's available in English and German (subtitles) on Steam, the Humble Store (Steam key + DRM-free), and through the official site (Steam key + DRM-free).

It would indeed be interesting to see if it runs through emulators. I'll have a chat with the team to see if we can put together a prototype/demo for something like that.

Ha! Looks like the jokes on me.

I started a new post because it looked like this one disappeared from my list of subs/posts, but (apparently?) it's still here. Doh! Pardon me while I go clean up the mess.

Meanwhile, we posted a new trailer that includes some press quotes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5EJ7RAeBS8
    We used motion tracking in AE + one case where text was added to the LightWave shot. (Can you tell which press quote in the video was rendered directly in LightWave?)

Prominence was selected for IndieGames.com 'Best of the Year' list for Best Visuals and for Top Picks: Adventure Category. It was also nominated for 3 Aggie Awards (Best Writing: Drama, Best Gameplay, and Best Sound Effects).

Thank you for all of the amazing support!

neat

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Looks intriguing. I want to play!
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

This looks intriguing, especially for an avid RPG lover like me. Is there anywhere I could find the minimum system requirements since my GPU is pretty bad?

I played the game a few years ago on my old computer with a very weak geforce card and had no issues. If I remember correctly everything is pre-rendered and you do need much 3D horsepower to play it.
    I found some minimum requirements on steam, older integrated chips may be an issue:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/270230/Prominence/

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    I played the game a few years ago on my old computer with a very weak geforce card and had no issues. If I remember correctly everything is pre-rendered and you do need much 3D horsepower to play it.
    I found some minimum requirements on steam, older integrated chips may be an issue:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/270230/Prominence/
    Hey Art, thanks for the minimum requirements

My GPU is that bad that I actually won't be able to run it. Although, it was due time for an upgrade... I'm quite awful with tech so do you guys have any recommendations on super-budget graphics cards?

Looking at some budget options and I'm thinking of picking up Radeon RX 570. Many of the top 10 articles that I go through mention it as a great value for money option. Thoughts? Also, this reddit thread about cheap graphics cards mentions it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12