Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138
Results 2,056 to 2,066 of 2066

Thread: Lightwave 3D BLOG is now up online!

Just want to add a comment here regarding the absence of a realease date.
    Like everyone else im looking forward to LW2016 and appreciate the release of info we have had so far and that the new features descibed so far will be in the new version and everything looks great.
    Given there stated intention to provide LOTS of info before the release date and the provision of information is not that frequent
    then it looks like the release of LW2016 is not going to be anytime soon.
    Obviousely there not going to tell us untill there ready to as there is still work in progress.
    But it would be great if LW could indicate a period [no later/sooner than].
    [When an announcment was made for previous releases it was always accompanied by eg."To be released during the second quater of 2012"]
    As it stands now know one has a clue.
    Ive had to put off buying 3 extra plugins as i do not know if similar features are going to be part of the new Lightwave.
    If i new that LW2016 was coming out first quater 2016 then not to long to wait to compare features.
    But if not out till eg. third quarter then i could decide to buy extra plugins and enjoy those features in the meantime.

I know this is not really feasable [or is it] but wouldn,t it be great if LW could release LW 2016 just as it is now with all the fully functioning new features they told us about.
    And any other new feature that they have and intend to tell us about can be added in an upgrade after first release.
    This way we could get LW20126 a lot sooner than later and still have a lot to look forward to as each update there after is released.

No rush, please.
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

That's how I feel...This thing ain't coming out until at least the summer of next year. They are still making it, designing it, changing things that were designed, feature creep is there, out of scope showing up, etc. When this thing started with all the hype "It's coming" and the "Upgrade now" that it was coming out in a reasonable time frame.

Now, after kick the "upgrade promo" down the field further stuff, and the lack of any REAL blog posts (pretty pictures don't mean nothing); when it does come out, won't have the excitement it should've had for me. And there is still nothing showing this new Unified Engine doing these remarkably fantastic mesh deformations / modifying mesh/ better than Chronosculpt by a million miles demonstrations.

So with no real information coming out or real demonstrations of stuff right now, as a user, again, waiting for real information to make sound purchasing decisions is a dark art form. I'll set the alarm clock to wake up next summer to see if this "new" stuff was worth the wait.
    It's better to have tried and failed, than to have failed to try.
    Patreon - www.patreon.com/ernesttx

They promised they would look at the issue with no information and no interaction and they did that. They decided to wait until they had something real rather than just things "in the works".

But this is what it looks like. This is what interaction and information is like. We want peeks of what is to come, and we get it. Little by little.

Going back to the old way we get nothing at all until weeks before release, and we get an avalanche. You can not have it both ways.

Personally, I like this better. I like knowing what they are up to long in advance.

I just hope The UGE is worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    I just hope The UGE is worth the wait.
    Well it would be a lot of work on the part of LW3DG that wouldn't seem worth it otherwise.

The question is, will it have any immediate benefits or will the benefits come later on as newer systems are put in place? For instance, I think a lot of people are waiting to see how well it handles large scenes or how fast it is with deformations. I can see maybe immediate benefits to being able to load large scenes into Layout easier but will it affect deformations under current animation tools, or will new tools have to be written to make use of the UGE. That's the kinds of things I am hoping Rob will address when he finally makes his next post on the UGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    Don't count on it. Even when LW had its glory days I don't think there was a big dev team. Big teams is not always faster, you can see this effect at very big cooperations, things tend to move slow because of all people involved in the decisions.
    Pixologic has around 5-7 devs according to the tiny bit of info they leak about the company. Bigger is definitely not always better.

Quote Originally Posted by 50one
    exactly the same issue I've raised in the past. If it's a completely new renderer then how many features are featured in v1.0 I'm really struggling to understand how is this going to be production proven/tested from day one?
    Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman
    I'd imagine the new renderer has been in development for quite a long time, it's just never been mentioned, same with the geo engine. When did Chonosculpt come out? At least as long as that.
    That is what I've thought for a while. LW3DG has been hinting at something for years. "We're working on that 'thing', but in the meantime, check out 11.6, and here's 2015." I thought for sure 2015 was going to be "the one" based on the hints Rob had dropped the previous year.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    I think a lot of people are waiting to see how well it handles large scenes or how fast it is with deformations.
    I know quite a few non-Lightwavers lurking. Concrete examples of next-gen viewport performance would make recruiting new users so much easier for Newtek marketing...

Discussion Thread for the New Blog Post: Part 2 on the new Unified Mesh System

Booyah new post!
    ...Now let me read it.

Yup new post up, another one from Rob on the Unified mesh system. https://blog.lightwave3d.com/2015/12...system-part-2/

President, the LightWave Group robpowers3d's Avatar
    To keep the comments better organized we are closing this long thread so that you can continue the discussion in the thread specific to each blog post.
    Rob Powers

President, NewTek LightWave 3D Group
    Burbank, CA

Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138