Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 487

Thread: Examples of the New LightWave Volumetric and PBR Engine

  1. #1
    President, the LightWave Group robpowers3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    902

    Examples of the New LightWave Volumetric and PBR Engine

    We have considered the comments from those of you who have expressed concern for upgrading based solely on my promises and no real evidence of substantial advancements in the LightWave architecture and systems. So, I would like to share with you some quick render samples that have been created showing our completely new rendering, shading, and volumetric engine which will be part of the next LightWave release.

    This is not some form of reworking of the old render engine but it is an entirely new physically based render “PBR” engine. Complete new GI, materials, and lights are part of this new system as well. To be clear, this is not some planned future technology, but it is now implemented in LightWave.
    Starting this week we will launch a new blog sharing more details on this and other LightWave developments. However, I wanted to share a little more than a sneak peek with you now to help those who have expressed their desire to see something “real”.

    I do want to mention these renders have not been prepared to show outside of our internal team. They have been quick tests shared back and forth during our internal discussions.

    I hope this information is helpful and begins to illustrate the level of development that I have been referring to. Please stay tuned because much more detail is forthcoming.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LightWave New PBR Pyroclastic_Volume.jpg 
Views:	5067 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	129987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LightWave New PBR Volume Cloud_Box.jpg 
Views:	4521 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	129994   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LightWave New PBR Logo_Volume.jpg 
Views:	5572 
Size:	182.1 KB 
ID:	129988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LightWave New PBR  Three volumes.jpg 
Views:	4396 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	129989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LightWave New PBR  New Skin Shader 002.jpg 
Views:	4082 
Size:	510.0 KB 
ID:	129990  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LightWave New PBR  New Skin Shader 001.jpg 
Views:	3889 
Size:	487.8 KB 
ID:	129991   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW PBR LightWave New PBR Volumetric_Sample.jpg 
Views:	3638 
Size:	299.5 KB 
ID:	129992   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LightWave New PBR Weird_Volumetric_Thing_From_Space.jpg 
Views:	3819 
Size:	300.2 KB 
ID:	129993   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LightWave New PBR SSS Dragon2.jpg 
Views:	4633 
Size:	891.2 KB 
ID:	129995  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DigitalDeuce; 09-28-2015 at 09:22 AM.
    Rob Powers

    President, NewTek LightWave 3D Group
    Burbank, CA

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Baku
    Posts
    485
    Wow.

  3. #3
    Registered User Brötje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    120
    That looks really nice. I'm excited. Now I just need a new particle system and we're golden.

  4. #4
    This is very good to see, and it looks serious. So I'm on the brink of doing the upgrade. I wonder if sub pixel displacement is also ready for this next release. I know it's in the plans.

  5. #5
    Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    14,718
    Now, that's a good tease, very intriguing.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

  6. #6
    Banned OnlineRender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Glasgow , Scotland , UK
    Posts
    6,326
    Quote Originally Posted by robpowers3d View Post

    I hope this information is helpful and begins to illustrate the level of development that I have been referring to. Please stay tuned because much more detail is forthcoming.
    put that in your pipe and smoke it Jeric

  7. #7
    Thank you. This is exciting.
    Ambocc Studios
    www.ambocc.com
    Reel

  8. #8
    Super Member omichon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bordeaux, FR
    Posts
    680
    Let's hope render time makes those stuff usable in production.
    www.oliviermichon.fr | 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design.

  9. #9
    Thank you ...wow VERY VERY INTERESTING

  10. #10
    Grafiks iz us dsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,854
    One word. AWESOME!
    Dan Sollis : Independent CGI Designer & compositor
    Digital Distortion : Post Production for Film and Television
    http://www.digitaldistortion.net

    http://www.londonlightwave.org.uk/

  11. #11
    thanks Rob, it is very important for users what you showed
    2D/3D Specialist
    http://www.render-up.com
    Win7 64bit, Dual Xeon E5-2696 V2 @ OC 3,5 GHz per Core, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 760

  12. #12
    Sorry, had to ask. TFD had a problem with particle advection, will this LW correct that? OpenVDB with vectors to drive particles.
    Ambocc Studios
    www.ambocc.com
    Reel

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,226
    Dear Rob

    Wow, just wow! With this announcement you're fulfilling my wildest dreams about a future LightWave! To be honest I was wishing for PBR but didn't expect it to come. Congrats on this achievement!

    I'm so glad I upgraded last weekend and happily looking forward to LW 2016, many sleepless nights ahead...

    Best regards,

    Marander / Michael

    Quote Originally Posted by robpowers3d View Post
    We have considered the comments from those of you who have expressed concern for upgrading based solely on my promises and no real evidence of substantial advancements in the LightWave architecture and systems. So, I would like to share with you some quick render samples that have been created showing our completely new rendering, shading, and volumetric engine which will be part of the next LightWave release.

    This is not some form of reworking of the old render engine but it is an entirely new physically based render “PBR” engine. Complete new GI, materials, and lights are part of this new system as well. To be clear, this is not some planned future technology, but it is now implemented in LightWave.
    Starting this week we will launch a new blog sharing more details on this and other LightWave developments. However, I wanted to share a little more than a sneak peek with you now to help those who have expressed their desire to see something “real”.

    I do want to mention these renders have not been prepared to show outside of our internal team. They have been quick tests shared back and forth during our internal discussions.

    I hope this information is helpful and begins to illustrate the level of development that I have been referring to. Please stay tuned because much more detail is forthcoming.
    Last edited by Marander; 09-28-2015 at 09:22 AM.

  14. #14
    Registered User Brötje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascheng View Post
    Sorry, had to ask. TFD had a problem with particle advection, will this LW correct that? OpenVDB with vectors to drive particles.
    Yeah, the whole system needs an overhaul. I have cursed many times because I could not set steps in particles, and the resolution doesn't deliver.

  15. #15
    Rob, thank you for listening. Looks great!

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •