Thread: Make a Wish (Updated animation)

Make a Wish (Updated animation)

Hi Everyone.

I made a little render for my persoanl animation projects see if you like style or not.

http://dickma.homeip.net:8080/dickma/final2.zip (4.6MB)

It is the original opening. I've add a special image filter on the plane....

http://dickma.homeip.net:8080/dickma/final.zip (10.6MB)

The middle part of my animation, as everyone see there is a transition effects there. But I decided to render that part again due to animation faults and camera angles. Also, I would like to correct the lighting.

http://dickma.homeip.net:8080/dickma/final3.zip (1.4MB)

The current animation that I am working on. Only a tester.

These animations are in mpeg 4 format that needs Quicktime to play, enjoy. Anyway, please comment on what I did. I would like to seek someone as a tutor for me on how to do better animations. Thanks.

Two Renders

kitty ate Otacons kitty! veljko's Avatar
    hi-
    downloaded the zip file
    but i cant seem to play the .mp4 files-
    what codec do i need? i have a PC here...

thanx-
    v e lj k o p o p o v i c
    3D artist
    lemonade-p.com/veljko

I have mentioned it in my thread, Quicktime needed.

Now I feel a little bit disappointed... It is not your problem, veliko. It is mine. I am wondering why there's no enough enthusiasm in my thread in reply, or my work attitute, or I don't know. I feel I am unable to raise everybody's interests.

Don't let that discourage you Dick Ma. Sometimes, you just don't get a lot of feedback on your posts. I think you're on the right track with your animation and i think it has a very distinctive look to it, but there isn't a lot to comment on yet.

Like I said, i really like the look and i think you've done a great job on the sets, but I still don't really like the camera work that much. I'm noticing the moving of the camera more then the subject matter itself.

I agree with hrgiger, the camera movements need a little work here and there, but otherwise I really really like the style. I think that the transition between the scenes with the guy walking with the bike is brilliant.
    I like the use of slowed-down animation, birds for example. That was intentional, right?

I also wondered why this thread gets so few replies... hmm. Your screenshots in other thread seemed to raise much more enthusiasm.

For some reason the style and mood reminds me "the kid" from animatrix.
    Great work.

Hi Dick Ma,
    Looks superb as usual.

I played the anims fine with QT on my Win2000 PC.

The animation looks good, although seems a bit disjointed with the image treatment(style?). Perhaps it is a little too clean, too smooth.

I mean that... When I saw the initial renders I could see an animation with overlapping sequances like 'The Snowman'. This could be acheived by compositing three offset tracks of the renders and fading out two tracks to leave the third to run and then beginning again.

Hope this helps.

Valan

As mentioned, the sets and models are amazing. And, as mentioned, the abruptness of the camera motion is distracting. Something else that seems to have distracted only me (so it's probably irrelivant) is that as you tried to make the video look painted, I found the canvas look incongruis (sp). What I mean is that, while I really liked the canvas look, as the camera panned, I felt that it should have panned across the canvas as well. But it appeared that the "strokes" remained stationary on the lense.
    Again, I like the look, but if the camera pans, I feel that it should pan across the canvas as well.
    Still, an amazing animation overall. Really nice. -mjr

kitty ate Otacons kitty! veljko's Avatar
    Hi-
    Tried to open it with quicktime but no luck

Maby i should download the lates verison of quicktime?

I really was looking forward to the anim. becouse i loved the still images you posted-
    keep it up!
    v e lj k o p o p o v i c
    3D artist
    lemonade-p.com/veljko

Originally posted by veljko
    Hi-
    Tried to open it with quicktime but no luck

Maby i should download the lates verison of quicktime?

I am no video compression expert whatsoever, but try installing divx codecs. I think divx uses mp4. (it will still play through quicktime)
    It seems that every video I download these days uses different codecs.... sometimes it gets a little anoying. oh well...

As everyone saying the look is great, I especially like the second clip, it is awesome. I also agree that the camera needs work, and I wonder if your doing what I was doing up until recently and just moving and rotating the camera, if so, instead try making a null that you move and have the camera track it (instead of rotating), when I found out about that it made my camera work a lot smoother, so maybe it will help.
    All and all it’s looking to be a great piece.