Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Image Rotation

Axes grinder- Dongle #99

Lightbulb Image Rotation

Is there anyway BESIDES using a Reference Object to rotate or flip an image map?

I think it'd be reasonably handy to be able to rotate in 90° increments and flipX/flipY in the Image Editor.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Dpkit might have something in nodes.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    No biggy: just seems like something we SHOULD have, in the Image Editor. Very basic stuff.

TrueArt Support
    It is possible to implement things like this as Image Filter added in Image Editor filters tab..

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Is there anyway BESIDES using a Reference Object to rotate or flip an image map?

I think it'd be reasonably handy to be able to rotate in 90° increments and flipX/flipY in the Image Editor.
    If it is projection based (non-UV) then yes you can rotate and flip to your hearts content on the applied coordinates with no need of using a reference null. Just use a negative value in the scale to flip and the degree in the rotation to spin. A reference object is there so it can be used to override the texture coordinates inputs. So whatever you can do with a reference you can type in the inputs.
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates - "I Drank What??"

Quote Originally Posted by MSherak View Post
    If it is projection based (non-UV) then yes you can rotate and flip to your hearts content on the applied coordinates with no need of using a reference null. Just use a negative value in the scale to flip and the degree in the rotation to spin. A reference object is there so it can be used to override the texture coordinates inputs. So whatever you can do with a reference you can type in the inputs.
    I'm pretty sure he was referring to Image Editor panel - Editing TAB there has no such thing as scale/rotate... Only Gamma, Brigthness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue. ? Background images options also don't have rotate, you can type in negative value in Scale field and it will flip it vertically or add negative to fixed aspect to flip it horizontally but no way to tilt by degrees user wants ?

Then again maybe Jeric asked somethign different and i didn't understood it right ?
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    No, that's pretty much correct.

I canīt chime in with the necessarity of having flip or rotating in the image editor, you can live without it it and rotate or flip it where the image is to be assigned, without risking to screw up other items using the same image.
    all surfaces, nodes, textured environment got image scaling and rotating...so I really donīt see the necessarity of it all...does it really speed up the workflow and makes it easier?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I canīt chime in with the necessarity of having flip or rotating in the image editor, you can live without it it and rotate or flip it where the image is to be assigned, without risking to screw up other items using the same image.
    all surfaces, nodes, textured environment got image scaling and rotating...so I really donīt see the necessarity of it all...does it really speed up the workflow and makes it easier?
    You answered your own question, yes?
    What if you want to do a global change everywhere the image is used .
    System Specs: A pile of sand, a couple of wires, a real live mouse and a beer.

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    In foreground image, background image, backdrop, everywhere there is just image picker without texture editor (or node editor), you might find it useful.
    But I agree, it's not absolutely must have function. Never needed to do it by myself.
    Last edited by Sensei; 07-01-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Guys you might be missing point or rather intented usage here. Dont think just as texture in mind, often I model times with bleuprints as backgrounds in 4 (think as car blueprints, they often come as single image)i views and sometime they aren't great or flipped/ tilted so it would be much nicer to be able to do that natively at image editor than going on in pshop an save new blueprints. But even if used as other image texture you can always instance/clone image at image editor to prevent messing up possible usage in some surface or other usage. So it is not grounbreak feature but every help to do things more quick is good feature IMHO. Heck i would like to get crop tool there also so icould use single image .

I never understood why do some users object to feature requests/new tool ideasfrom other users.

Sure you migh never need that feature but its not like you have to use it in your workflow but someone else can and since it's not interferi g with yours why argue ?
    Last edited by Lewis; 07-01-2015 at 08:33 AM.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by JoePoe View Post
    You answered your own question, yes?
    What if you want to do a global change everywhere the image is used .
    use photoshop..then reload..or use other image editors available...

Quicktime picture viewer has mirroring and rotating, ACDsee can do it to without any big fuzz...no big deal, sure...I might have been biased towards myself, of course..it might be welcome for many users obviously to have image editor flip or rotate, but for me I donīt see any big point in it, I rather see a constrain fix in all y,x,z channels so we donīt have to enter a uniform value three times every god D ..time that is needed.
    Of course..a fix donīt need to exclude another fix in other areas.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Guys you might be missing point or rather intented usage here. Dont think just as texture in mind, often I model times with bleuprints as backgrounds in 4 (think as car blueprints, they often come as single image)i views and sometime they aren't great or flipped/ tilted so it would be much nicer to be able to do that natively at image editor than going on in pshop an save new blueprints. But even if used as other image texture you can always instance/clone image at image editor to prevent messing up possible usage in some surface or other usage. So it is not grounbreak feature but every help to do things more quick is good feature IMHO. Heck i would like to get crop tool there also so icould use single image .

I never understood why do some users object to feature requests/new tool ideasfrom other users.

Sure you migh never need that feature but its not like you have to use it in your workflow but someone else can and since it's not interferi g with yours why argue ?
    You could rotate, flip the image in textured environment, then render it out, reload in to modeler, that way you donīt have to bother entering photoshop

Guys you might be missing point or rather intented usage here. Dont think just as texture in mind, often I model times with bleuprints as backgrounds in 4 (think as car blueprints, they often come as single image)i views and sometime they aren't great or flipped/ tilted so it would be much nicer to be able to do that natively at image editor than going on in pshop an save new blueprints.
    You are way ahead of me in modeling and with that all experience...but I donīt know about this, why donīt you just use the minus values in either size and automatic size, that way you can flip image either verticly or horizontally, and here I am talking about hidden functions in the display backdrop modeler setup, not the standard surface texture editing.

Guys you might be missing point or rather intented usage here. Dont think just as texture in mind, often I model times with bleuprints as backgrounds in 4 (think as car blueprints, they often come as single image)i views and sometime they aren't great or flipped/ tilted so it would be much nicer to be able to do that natively at image editor than going on in pshop an save new blueprints.
    You are way ahead of my in modeling...but I donīt know about this, why donīt you just use the minus values in either size and automatic size, that way you can flip image either verticly or horizontally, then again..agreed, not everyone knows about that..and for newbies a no no, so a simple flip verticly or horizontally button might do it...thou not super necessary, but why not..maybe I should flip my mind about these things

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast