Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to start a clip on 3play - automatically from Tricaster?

Kane finally I realized macro should be done on TC not on 3P... however, once I do that like advised - it make play on 3P start playing if I press play button under macro window, but still nothing happens once NET1 button on CS is pressed, even it is set as macro "trigger". Do you see the problem maybe at this short video I made for you and others having similar difficulties - look, everything seems set OK to me:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9H...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    You will have to create a macro on the TriCaster.

Then edit that macro and put in this information that was listed above.

At the bottom of the macro window is a 'Trigger' field, click on it and it will say Listening.

Now press the keyboard key (or MIDI button or hold down the Macro button on your CS and press another button with it) to assign it to that key.

Now to run the macro, just press that same button (or whatever you set the trigger to) again.

If this isn't making sense, watch this, then come back to the above steps. http://vimeo.com/90129535?TB_iframe=...ht=540&modal=1

TriCaster Advanced Edition.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by stijef View Post
    Kane finally I realized macro should be done on TC not on 3P... however, once I do that like advised - it make play on 3P start playing if I press play button under macro window, but still nothing happens once NET1 button on CS is pressed, even it is set as macro "trigger".
    This is to be expected. Assigning a macro to any button on the CS only triggers the macro when the Macro button is pressed at the same time. And in this case, since Macro is pressed, pressing Net 1 on the CS would trigger the macro, but it would not perform the switch to Net 1. It will do one or the other, but not both.

You could, of course, create a macro that both selects Net 1 on PGM, and also triggers play on 3Play, and assign that to Net 1 (or any other button) - but you'll still need to hold down Macro in that case.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

So no chance, no way, to do that by pressing only one button on CS? Kane even you don't have solution here; is this even too much for your magic wand? :-)

What you're really asking for here is an Autoplay on 3Play. This might be interesting posed as a feature request.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Hi, after some time to bring up this thread. With new TC 860 AE updates, are there this feature available? To make a clip on 3play play on single button press on Tricaster Control Surface? If not, what would be simplest way to make it play... with two buttons maybe? Thanks for your contribution!

I believe you can do this with a macro, and that the process is covered in the Automation and Integration Guide.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I believe you can do this with a macro, and that the process is covered in the Automation and Integration Guide.
    Hm can u explain how it could be done? You remember dilema we had in this tooic and conclusion that is impossible to do that with sigle button press?
    Now I have advanced edition and wonder if something changes...

Here is a method that allows you to send commands from the TriCaster with AE2 (maybe AE1?) to a 3PLAY Mini/440/4800 system. This will work if the systems are connected via NDI or SDI. You will need to manually type these commands into the macro editor on your TriCaster (or IP Series!) system.

There is a bit of editing you need to do to make these work. In the first image, I underlined in red parts that need to be changed. The IP address (192.168.1.87) has to be changed to the correct IP address of your 3PLAY system (do this IP change on all command lines, not just the one that is underlined). The '50' value is the playback speed, change this to your desired playback speed.

Here are the commands to play the currently cued clip at 50% speed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3P-Play.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	135373
    The first command starts playback. If you only do this command you will get 100% speed playback on 3PLAY.
    The second command set the playback speed to 50% (or change to any speed you want, you can go faster than 100%)

Here is the command to stop playback of the 3PLAY.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3P-Stop.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	135372
    This command will stop playback. Run the command once and it works like a pause, run the command twice and it will reset the clip back to the start. You could put this command in the macro twice with a small delay between them if you just want a single macro that performs a clip reset.

If is possible to send other commands using this method as well, in fact, anything that can be done via macro in 3PLAY can be controlled from the TriCaster using 'http_request'

Just to make is a bit easier, here is a cut and paste for one of those commands shown above.
    http://192.168.1.87:5952/v1/shortcut?name=play&value=true
    Last edited by kanep; 12-21-2016 at 10:43 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thank Kane you are great member of the forum. Very helpfull!

So, using those commands I can have 3play start playing a clip with just one button press?

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by stijef View Post
    Thank Kane you are great member of the forum. Very helpfull!

So, using those commands I can have 3play start playing a clip with just one button press?
    Keep in mind this may not work on older 3Play 425 units. Definitely not on the older antique 330.

It should work on the newer models like the 440 and 4800. Possibly on the 3Play mini but I cannot remember for sure.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

The A&I Guide provides an example using the AirSend commands to do exactly this, using simple shortcuts in macros. I'm not at work this week, so can't test it to make sure it isn't busted, but if these simple methods aren't working just bug 'em and we'll get it fixed.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by PIZAZZ View Post
    Keep in mind this may not work on older 3Play 425 units. Definitely not on the older antique 330.

It should work on the newer models like the 440 and 4800. Possibly on the 3Play mini but I cannot remember for sure.
    This definitely will not work on a 3Play 330/425/820 system.

Basically if your 3Play has macros then it will support this functionally. Again it also requires a TriCaster with AE2 (might work with AE1).
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

(my 3play is 440)

I have set macro as you advised, typed url in browser on another computer and it really starts clip on 3play...
    _but_ another crucial question is - how to set triggering of that macro, with pressing just one button on tricaster 860 AE? Can you print screen how you set it on your system, please?

Well, you can't do with one button, but two on the control surface. Set a trigger to listen on the macro, then hold down the MACRO button on the CS and press another button along with it. Now to call the macro back, hold down MACRO and press that same button again.

If you set it to a keyboard key, XKeys unit or MIDI panel, then you could have single button access to the macro.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast